Saturday, May 25, 2013

PTI May Blog Hop


Once again, I'm playing along with the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.

This month's challenge was Bouquet Builder. Nichole supplied us with seven colour schemes and challenged us to use one of them with our favourite floral set to create a card.

Now, normally, I like to wait until I get my new PTI stamps in the mail and use those to create my blog hop projects. However, since I didn't order any floral stamps last month (shocking, I know!), I figured that I could get a head start on the challenge, since my stamps don't usually arrive until a couple of days before the hop.

I figured I had seven floral sets in my stamp stash... so I challenged myself to create seven cards, using a different floral set for each colour combo.

Okay, so here are the cards that I made...

I paired this colour combo with Rosie Posie. I used a soft stone panel that I'd stamped with my WMS woodgrain stamp (leftover from these cards ). On this, I layered a journaling tag, that I stamped with the "today is:" stamp from Fabulous Frames, as well as with some Stylish Sentiments: Birthday sentiments ("your birthday" & "wish big.") I layered on the blooms and leaves and added an orange zest and pure poppy button, as well as some twine.



I was totally inspired by this photo to create my card, using my Embroidered Blooms set. I stamped the leaves using Turning A New Leaf. The leaves were diecut from Beautiful Blooms II #2, as well as Lovely Layers. I used the Embroidered Blooms and Lovely Layers stamps to stamp on my blooms. I adhered these to my card and added some MME enamel dots for the flower centres.



Again, I was inspired by the inspiration photo for my card. I used Cutting Garden to create my blooms. I used my Lawn Fawn Summertime Charm jar die to diecut some kraft cardstock to create my crock. I stamped on it using a sentiment from Bountiful Banners and the leaves from Modern Wood Mats. I mounted this all on my Simple Stripes impressed background and a little twine finished it off.




I decided to make a graduation card for my niece using this colour combo and The Sweet Life. I diecut a frame from some Pretty Party by Crate Paper patterned paper and layered this over some more patterned paper from the same line. I stamped my sentiment, from Happy Day, using New Leaf and Ocean Tides ink (combined together).


For this colour combo, I used Lovely Layers. I stamped the one solid image repeatedly on the vintage cream cardstock background in Versamark and then heat embossed it using clear embossing powder. I don't have pinefeather ink or cardstock, so I used Bazzill for the darkest green. I also used my Limitless Layers: Squares dies and my double-ended banner die. The decorative brad I used for the flower centre is Echo Park. I stamped the sentiment (using Wreath for All Seasons) in New Leaf ink.



For this next colour combo.... I decided to use the new PTI stamp set I ordered this month: Pedal Pusher. I stamped the bike in Enchanted Evening (as I don't have royal velvet) on a fine linen diecut. I masked the seat and handle bars so it would look more like my own bike. I created the background scene by stamping Botanical Sihouettes along the middle (but I masked off the bottom, so they wouldn't be as tall). I used New Leaf for the stalks, as I don't have Pinefeather. For the sky, I diecut some clouds from post it notes and then added Blueberry Sky ink using my Tim Holtz Blending tool. I used the same tool to add fine linen for the road. I let Sage choose the sentiment... and then turned around and gave it to her-- she needed some cheering up & encouragement after losing a family game of Risk that evening. ;)


And, lastly, I created this card using Friends Til the End. I stamped the two flowers from the set on Fine Linen cardstock, using Fine Linen ink. I diecut the flower from Winter Wisteria and Lavender Moon cardstock and then mounted them together. I stamped the flower center on Sweet Blush cardstock and then cut it out by hand. To hide the seem, I adhered a diecut banner from Bountiful Banners (the sentiment is from this same set.)


(By the way, I figured out later that I actually have nine floral stamps in my stash, not seven, as I'd previously thought. I didn't end up using Lace Bouquet and Funky Florals. ;) )

Thanks for looking!

68 comments:

Kara said...

love all of your cards, but especially the 2nd one!! love it..oh and the bike one too:):)

craftmates said...

Wow, all beautiful cards Leigh! Hard to pick a favourite as they are all fabulous.-Irma

Michelle said...

Leigh, I feel like going back and un-publishing my posts! These cards are ALL spectacular! Beautiful, beautiful work!

Jennifer K said...

These are all so beautiful! Over achiever ;). I think my favorite is either the first or second card. I love stripes but I also love a lot of white space.

Leanne said...

Wow!You've done a terrific job here. perfect coloring. Love the 2nd one the most. It stands out among all the entries.

Linda said...

Wow Leigh, you have been busy. All of your cards are so pretty.

Barbara said...

you have outdone yourself. Gorgeous flowers!!!!!!!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh my, where to begin! Each so different and eye-popping. But that Cutting Garden is my fav!

Carolanne said...

Ok. These are all so beautiful and unique! I really really like the way you did the flowers using the embroidered blooms.(2nd one down) Great combo of stamps. Such a lovely happy card!

Marcia Hill said...

Love all your cards Leigh, but my favorite is the bicycle card! :0)You sure know how to make colors and images all work together...I am definitely inspired by your creations!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love your cards - especially the second one and the green one!

Deena H said...

These are all great Leigh! My favorites are the Embroidered Blooms card and the Petal Pusher card. Thanks for sharing these beauties!

Tigriswillreign said...

OMGoodness, you've been a busy bee!! So much floral goodness! My fav is that lovely soft Sweet Life card with the polaroid frame!

Marybeth said...

Wow....wow....wow...wow...wow... Each card is just gorgeous! Beautiful work here Leigh !

A Cup of Cold Water said...

AWESOME cards. I love them all but I LOVE how you used Cutting Garden. I actually bought it for the sentiments. I love your layout!
I also would like to know how you can post all of you cards on one post and add them to a link separately. I have never been able to do that. I have to make separate posts which is more work!!!
Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your work!
Susan

Camilla said...

So many pretty cards, they are all wonderful. You have been busy. :-)

uncbballfan said...

All are gorgeous, but my fave is the Happy Graduation card. I don't have the Sweet Life set, and seeing this will probably the final push I need to put it in my cart.

Karen C. said...

Wow .. what a great set of cards. Even though they are all based on the bouquet inspiration they are all so different. I love the bright boldness of the Embroidered Blooms card and the sweet scene you've created with the bicycle.

Jodi_E said...

Leigh, I love that you did every single color challenge I did that earlier, made another card.....super ugly and then my last one which you commented on. Tomatoes...Arizona.

Now for your card I love the bicycle. I really need to buy that stamp set. All of the florals are beautiful. I see some very blessed people in your life will be receiving some very pretty cards.

Diana K said...

Love all of your cards today! My absolute favourites (can't choose just one) are the second and last ones. I'm thinking I need Friends Til the End!

Joyce said...

Leigh--these are all incredible. I guess we had the same idea of using all the color combos, but you actually did it. I love what you did with Lovely Layers. That was the color scheme I missed. I think my favorite is the one with cutting garden, but they are all just beautiful.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the big red bloom and the way you created your sentiment in the first card Leigh - all these cards perfectly designed and executed!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow! Impressing that you were able to do a card for all the color combos! Nice job! I can't decided which one I like the most!

Jen said...

oh, wow!! what a wonderful group of cards! i love them all!! i'm way behind on my blog reading....you have been up to beautiful things, as always!! great job on the challenge!!!

Inkyfingers said...

Oh wow Leigh, you deserve a prize for producing the most wonderful set of cards. They are just gorgeous but if I had to select just one it would be the bouquet in the jar - I would love that to sit on the window sill in my kitchen.

Karen (carefree creations) said...

So many wonderful flower cards! I love how you used Botanicals with the bicycle!

Cindy O said...

These are just totally awesome! my favorite is the graduation card with Sweet Life. Love how you used the patterned frame and woodgrain-y background paper with the lovely yellow roses. And the color mix on the sentiment ink is beautiful.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful set of cards! What a fabulous job with the different color combos. Especially love the yellow roses!

samantha's cards said...

great cards all of them!

Kim Heggins said...

Leigh, all of your cards are beautiful and I love that you took on the entire bunch of bouquets as your challenge. So many wonderful cards and so many beautiful flowers.

Anonymous said...

Leigh, all of your cards are absolutely gorgeous. It was such a treat to visit your blog today. Your work is stunning and I enjoyed seeing your beautiful creations. Thanks!

Nicki S said...

Wow, you have been a busy lady, Leigh! All your cards a really fantastic, but my FAVORITE one is the second one! I looks just like the photo! Great job!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I just don't know how you do it! I struggle to get one card made. Gorgeous cards, love the bike!

victoria h said...

Fabulous cards Leigh. Love them all.

Greta said...

I'm in total awe, Leigh! I barely got 1 card made & you created 7 exceptional ones! Thanks for all the inspiration & for taking time to leave me a comment.

Kathryn A said...

Wonderful cards, Leigh! I don't have a favourite one--they are all beautiful! I wish I'd have time to create more, but I was visiting family in your fair city! (Well, it was raining a lot, but cleared up the day I left!)

Lindsey said...

Leigh...you are incredible! I love each one. You have me wishing I had more time, so I could create a card with each color scheme...so fun!

Unknown said...

All your cards are terrific. I am so impressed that you were able to create a totally different card for each photo - super creative!

Sherrie M. said...

Wow, LOVE them all, especially the one using Embroidered Blooms. You captured each color combination perfectly!

tonyamaries said...

WOW! You have been busy girl! These are all beautiful. I can't pick a favorite. Well I guess I am leaning toward the Happy Graduation (I love those colors) but only if I have to choose! :) Way to go!

Debra Miller said...

Wowzers - you have been busy - love them all!

Chris said...

Goodness Leigh you have made some beautiful cards for the hop - each one gorgeous!

StephH said...

Holy cow, you have been a busy stamper! (What, no layout this go?!!) Love your Pedal Pusher card with the Botanical Silhouettes! Just beautiful! Awesome job on all seven of your cards Leigh!

Geri said...

Well, what a feast for the eyes this was, Leigh! You've outdone yourself!!! I'm speechless! What a gorgeous collection!!!

Luanne said...

My! You've been busy!! I love all of them and can't picka favorite!

DF said...

Kids in bed, now finally to the hop - and what a treat to come here first!

All beautiful cards Leigh; my two favourites are the one with Embroidered blooms (such a great composition, it's perfect) and the one with Cutting garden (I love how full your bouquet is; and the design on the jar die cut looks so realistic, as if it was made specifically for it!)

Great idea to use all your florals with the challenge. A lot of work for you, but so worth it for us observers. :)

Michelle said...

All are so beautiful!

Larissa Heskett said...

Oh WOW!! You have been BUSY!! I am LOVING several of your designs!! SO BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE your Takes on the Bouquet Color Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS Memorial Day Weekend!! =)

Rhonda said...

Oh goodness Leigh!! What great cards. My favorite is the second one!

LEG Studios said...

You have been so busy! These are all such pretty cards, Leigh! The green color scheme is striking done with lovely layers. I love your sweet life roses. I have such trouble lining that set up. Hope Sage has recovered from the game. :)

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! WHAT GORGEOUS CARDS you've made!!!!!! I can see you have LOOOOOOOOOTS of PTI goodies! LOL :) (I am "new" to PTI! ONLY JUST BEGUN to get my PTI goodies! SOOO MANY GOODIES TO GET!!!!!!) :)

bjmartin said...

Wow you were ambitious Leigh! Great collection of cards - especially loved seeing Pedal Pusher!

Helen F. said...

Each card is more beautiful than the one before, Leigh. I love the Graduation card and the bicycle may just end up in my cart on the next PTI stamp set order :) I love the sweet scene you created!
Have a great weekend

Unknown said...

Wow, you've been busy! My fave is the embroidered blooms card. Those pink and orange flowers really pop!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh all of your cards are so creative and so beautiful! Need to CASE you hope that is okay.

Kathy Mc said...

You've been busy, Leigh! Sure glad I don't have to pick a favorite as they are all gorgeous. Your cards always cause me to add more goodies to my wish list (blending tool, MMM enamel dots, plus stamps & dies I don't own). Just got my Fiskars stamp press so have to try it out this weekend (hopefully). Great job, Leigh!

Jill Norwood said...

Leigh this is such an inspirational post! Beautiful cards all!

Lee said...

Absolutely beautiful cards...each and every one!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Wow! Love all of them!!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Your cards are all beautiful ! Great job....

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! You have been busy! Gorgeous cards, you are a master with flowers. I especially love the tone on tone stamping and that bunch of flowers in the mason jar!

Susan said...

Wow... those cards are pretty! I love them all especially the one with the Cutting Garden and the bicycle.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job creating something for each of the photos, Leigh! Wow. This is a fantastic line-up of beautiful cards. Love them all. ;-)

Darnell said...

Okay, Leigh, you've done me in for the rest of the day! I'm just going to sit here scrolling up and down and down and up, drooling over your sensational Hop card makes! I mean, seriously, I'm in awe!!

Susan said...

Each one of these are exquisite!!! I am loving what you are doing with the Pedal Pusher set. I can't wait to get my own. And then case you. ;)

Taheerah said...

Wow, you've been busy Leigh! Love them all!!

A Crafty Person said...

Leigh, all your cards for the blog hop are so beautiful! As I scrolled down your blog I kept thinking OH, I like this one, again and again. Wonderful cards!

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, wow, such an amazing post with all your floral creations! If there was anyone who would try making one for all the color combinations, I'd put my money on you. The floral spray in your second one is stunning, and I think the non-black sentiment really compliments it well. All just beautiful!