Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Recap


I had a pretty good Mother's Day yesterday. After church, we went for lunch at my SIL's. After lunch, we took the kids to the nearby school and played switch against the brick wall, which was a lot of fun. We came home and relaxed a bit and then went for a walk after supper. We finished off the day by watching a DVD while snuggling on the couch and then reading a chapter of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief together.

I told the kids that the best Mother's Day gift for me would be some photos of them.... here's what I got...



These were taken in our backyard before church. And these next two were taken on our front steps after church.



And here is the card that Sage made me. She's always so thoughtful when making cards because she'll take the likes of the recipient into consideration. She wanted to add a bike because she knows how much I enjoy my bike, so she used my Hero Arts wooden stamp (she'd actually stamped it right onto the white cardstock at first, but being not used to wooden stamps (I'm not a huge fan of them either!), it smudged. I showed her how she could save her card by stamping onto the patterned paper and layering it over top.) The stamp and die she used are Lil Inkers from last month's release (I'd won these-- aren't they great?) She also asked me what colours I'd like.


I told the kids that they were my best Mother's Day gift ever. (Of course, I wouldn't have turned down a pedicure or this fabulous new stamp set and coordinating dies!)

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy Mother's Day, Leigh. Beautiful pictures, and Sage's card is totally professional. How cute that she is following in your footsteps.

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks like a great Mother's Day! Great photos and that card is fantastic! Way to go Sage!

Tara Elias said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day, Leigh :) Your kids are beautiful.

Susan said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day Leigh! I'm like you - spending time with my kids on that day is the best thing. I love the photos of you with the kids - they are priceless! Tell Sage her card is beautiful.:)

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day Leigh - I'm like you - the best thing is to spend time with your kids on Mother's Day. :) I love the pictures of you with the kids - they are priceless! Tell Sage her card is beautiful!

Geri said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your day yesterday, Leigh! I'm so behind...I haven't visited since your 'buttons' post...so many pretty things since then...including this card from Sage!! She's going to be an artist of some sort for sure...it's beautiful! And, man...what a great win with those dies!!! Loved your masculine b-day card with the map and the great layouts...the AWESOME Crate card for your son...so nice! Was going to email, but I'll ask while I'm here...one more thing checked off my list...would you consider putting the 'follow by email' on your side bar? My reading list rarely comes up anymore. I've gone and subscribed to everyone that has one of those little buttons, but you and a couple others don't have it. I just did it a couple months ago by request, myself. I sure would appreciate getting regular updates from you...and maybe one of these days I'll get 'caught up' (sigh;) I ALWAYS enjoy checking in on you!!!

Suzanne B. Webb said...

So sweet Leigh, your daughter is like a little 'mini Leigh' :)

Camilla said...

The photos are super Leigh!

Geri said...

Thanks, Leigh!!!