Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A few things to share...


This weekend, I stopped by Marni Luhu, this super cool gift/jewellery store
in my town and asked the owner if she'd be interested in selling my cards.
I'd packed up a bunch of them in a container and she flipped through them
and kept saying things like: "These are so fun!"
I'm happy to share that she will be selling them in her shop,
just as soon as I can get them in some clear cellophane bags.

As I was pulling the cards together, I came across a few
that I'd submitted for publication and never posted on my blog.

Here's one of them:


I used some Fancy Pants patterned paper for my background.
The chipboard is My Mind's Eye.
I added the banner (diecut from the same FP patterned paper with the PTI double-ended
banner die and stamped with a sentiment from PTI's Road Trip).
Some MME enamel dots finish it off.

I'm linking this up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Vacations/Travel.

And, I also want to share a quick card that I made last night 


Here's my card:


This was so quick to make! 
I trimmed down an Elle Studio embellishment to 5.5" tall and adhered it so some 
Simon Says Stamp woodgrain card stock.
A few of the spaces were open, so I filled them with stamps:
The "thankful for this" at the top is from PTI's A Few Pointers.
The "The World is more Beautiful...." is from PTI's Life is Beautiful.
And, lastly, I stamped 2014 with my date stamp.
A die cut heart (using the smaller heart from Reverse Confettti's Love Note Confetti Cuts 
with some Heidi Swapp patterned paper), a button and twine finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving that sweet bicycle card, perfection and SO easy on the second, what a great idea!

~amy~ said...

Yay for selling your cards in a shop!
both of these are wonderful. I have a thing for aqua and yellow, such a happy combo! Super clever with the Elle's Studio! Looks great!

Ranger and Tanner said...

Whoever turned down that first card is stupid. These are both fantastic - congrats on selling your cards in a shop!

Kim Edsen said...

Congratulations on selling your cards! Both of these cards are beautiful - genius to think to use that Elle's studio paper that way.

anja curvers said...

Both cards are great love your first card. The card for case study challenge is very cute. Thanks for joining us over at case study challenge.

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome cards!!!! LOVE your work!!!! :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Leigh, these cards are gorgeous! Love them!

Anonymous said...

How fun! You will get lots of sales on your cards :-) These two above are gorgeous!

Happy Dance said...

Oh how I wish I lived near Marni Luhu! I know exactly what I'd be buying! So happy for you, Leigh. And your cards are, as always, amazing. Sweet little bicycle card all dressed in blues and yellows. And a wonderful CASE of Wida's card. Very lovely. Bev

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Leigh, your cards will sell like hotcakes! I just LOVE the bicycle one and your CASE of Wida's card is brilliant!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh how exciting that she is taking your cards! These two are fantastic, but yours always are. The CASE Study is fabulous!

cm said...

Two beautiful cards, Leigh! Super congrats on getting your cards into the store; sell-outs and a whole lot of happy customers guaranteed!
c

Diane Jaquay said...

Both of these are terrific, and I particularly ADORE the bicycle card!!

Wida said...

I have to say your card style has such universal appeal, I had no doubt that you could sell your stuff! yeah for that! great cards, I love the first card very much!

Megan Carroll said...

Leigh! Congrats on selling your cards....that is very exciting! Love both of these!!

Sherri said...

How great is that?! So happy for you Leigh, your cards would be a wonderful little gift for anyone :)

Lisa Elton said...

THis is a terrific pair of cards leigh, love the bicycle design! Big congrats on getting your work into the shop, best of luck!!

debby4000 said...

Two fabulous beautiful cards but do love the colours in the first one.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
luv
Debby

Jess said...

Great cards! Congratulations on the opportunity to sell your cards!

Lee-Anne said...

Congrats on your fabulous new opportunity to sell your cards, Leigh! You'll do so well! These are so trendy and fun...great designs!

Anonymous said...

Leigh, I love both cards and am excited you are getting them into a store! Let me know what clear bags you end up finding-- I looked into these sites http://www.fineart-world.com/catalog/item/4074357/8735030.htm and http://www.clearbags.com/size/stationery/a6/bags/4-15-16-x-6-9-16-crystal-clear-protective-126x16.html
But I have not purchased from either yet.

Hope you are well!!