Friday, May 09, 2014

Who's 15?

My son, Austin, that's who!

It's hard for me to believe that it's been fifteen years since I held
my firstborn in my arms for the first time and felt my heart grow bigger!

My son is a huge Doctor Who fan and requested a tardis cake
(well, actually he requested a dalek, but I told him he'd have to settle for a tardis -- LOL!)


Don't look too closely! LOL!
The colour is a little off, but this was a dark as I could get the icing.
And yes, that's paper for the signs.... we'll just peel it off before we eat it. ;)

So, for his card, I decided to continue with the Doctor Who theme....


I printed the tardis off of the internet and then printed it onto 
PTI's stamper's select white card stock.
I die cut it using a new tag die. Isn't it lovely? 
Unfortunately, I can't tell you where it's from yet.... Sorry for being such a tease! ;)

I printed my sentiment onto kraft card stock (using a Doctor Who font)
and then stamped around it using Beautiful Banners and
then die cut it using the coordinating Beautiful Banners Confetti Cuts.
I layered the tag, using dimensional adhesive, over some white card stock that I impressed 
with my PTI Bookprint IP.
The wooden stars are from the Pretty Pink Posh Nature Kit and add the perfect
finishing touch!

I also decided to make a coordinating envelope for this week's
  Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Envelope Wraps.


I used my Tag Sale #5 die cut the enchanted evening card stock and then die cut
a Seeing Stars die from the centre.
I stamped the "a" using PTI's Antique Alphabet
and added some more Pretty Pink Posh wooden stars.

So the birthday plans tonight are:
Austin's invited a friend over and we'll have pizza for supper.
Then, we're going to the theatre to see the latest Captain America movie.
Should be a fun evening!

Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great party theme, and your cake/cards are amazing!!!

merryf said...

Leigh this is fantastic! The card and envelope wrap are just perfect -- love those outline veneer stars!

Alanna said...

Fabulous cake and card. Love the envelope wrap. And that new tag die? You are a tease. :)

Deb said...

Congrats on your eldest turning 15!!! Time certainly flies by! I love your cake and card, Leigh. Simply awesome! And btw, we share the same bday! How fun is that?

Happy Birthday, Austin!

Nancy Penir said...

I guess I should start watching Dr. Who, cuz this whole theme is darn adorable! Congrats to Austin, and to his sweet mommy!

craftmates said...

Awesome cake and card! Sounds like a fun celebration later. Happy birthday to Austin.- Irma

Diane Jaquay said...

How awesome is this?!! Love the cake and the card and envie! My family loves Dr. Who too :) Happy birthday to your son!

Luanne said...

Fabulous cake and awesome card! You're way to young to have a 15 year old! Enjoy all the celebrations!

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy Birthday Austin! Don't the years go fast. Love the theme and your cake is fantastic, love the card and envie too!

Megan Carroll said...

Wow!!!!! Not only an amazing card but an amazing cake too!! Love it!!!!
I hope Austin has a wonderful birthday!

Marcia Hill said...

Your cake, card, and envelope are all amazing! Enjoy your special evening celebrating with Austin! :0)

Kara said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Austin!! 15 is a good age! The cake looks delicious! I love the colors on the card and the envelope. Your wrap is nice and if you need to address the envelope you could. Great job.

Lisa Elton said...

You are one terrific mama Leigh!! Amazing job on the card and cake. Happy birthday to Austin!!

Joni Andaya said...

Awesome card Leigh :)

Lynn said...

I hope Austin has an absolutely fabulous birthday! His cake/card and envelope are all amazing!

Happy Dance said...

Happy birthday to Austin! They grow so fast, don't they?! Just wait! This year my BABY turns 35!!!! Yikes! Great cake, awesome card; I'm guessing he loved them both. That tag is very intriguing.... Oh, and my 20th grandchild was born yesterday, on Austin's birthday! Bev

Kim Heggins said...

So fun!!! I love that cake...my daughter is huge Dr. Who fan too (I made her a cross stitch last year) but that cake is amazing and so is your card, so creative.

Kim Heggins said...

Forgot to wish you a Happy Mother's Day!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is awesome! We LOVE Dr Who! That cake turned out amazing and the card is fab too!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a birthday your son must have had thanks to your golden fingers! Awesome cake and cards!!
Happy Belated Birthday Austin!

Heather T said...

What a wonderful cake and card. We're Dr Who fans too!