Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pages with Papertrey Sketch #33

So, my term as a design team member for Inspired Blueprints ended in February,
but for some unknown reason, the owner stopped posting sketches on her
blog in January, which means that I have four layouts I made with her sketches
that never got posted.

So, I thought I'd share one here today, for this month's Pages With Papertrey Sketch #33:


I used the sketch to scrapbook some photos that I took last summer
on top of the ferris wheel at our local Corn & Apple Festival.
Look how red everyone's cheeks are -- it was so hot that day -- like 39°C with high humidity.
I was telling people that this is what it felt like all of the time in the DR Congo!

I stuck very closely to the sketch, but I swapped out one of the photos for
some patterned paper.


I used some Crate Paper patterned paper and chipboard for this layout.
For my title, I used my Papertrey Ink Headline Alphabet dies.


I love this little chipboard ferris wheel -- so perfect for my layout!
The banner below it is a PTI double-ended banner die cut with a Elle's Studio sentiment
stamped on it in Versamark and heat embossed in white.

If you create a layout using this sketch, please link it here in the comments
or here on the Papertrey Ink Forum, so I can check it out!

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh I just love your layout, what perfect paper and elements!

Tonya Jastad said...

What a great layout! You have made amazing projects with this Crate Paper line! Your children have such happy smiles.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Deb said...

Leigh, that chipboard ferris wheel is perfect! I love your layout!

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Love the feris wheel!!

yyam said...

Such a soft and pretty page! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful! Love all the happy elements and the candy-like colors ;)
perfect for the theme!

Nathalie said...

This feels so summery :) Perfect papers and embellies!

Donna said...

Great page Leigh! The papers & embellishments are perfect. I'm so far behind I honestly don't think I'll ever catch up!