Monday, May 26, 2014

A little Watercolour


I'm just popping in today to share a card that I made using Reverse Confetti's

I wanted to create a dark night scene using some watercolouring.
So I started with some watercolour paper and paints.


When those were dry, I stamped and heat embossed my sentiments and "stars" (they're actually flowers from the Petals 'n Posies stamp set in white.
Then, I stamped the larger "stars" and heat embossed those in gold.
The "YOU" was diecut from white cardstock with Mama Elephant's Inline Alphabet dies.

I layered the watercolour panel over some gold shimmer cardstock.
A little stitching finishes it off.





Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh I love your dark blue watercoloured sky! The embossing pops right off the card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful creation Leigh, thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )

A Crafty Person said...

Fun watercolor card! I love the night sky and I especially like it sentiment. Congrats on you PTI blog win!! :)

Jess said...

Such a fab card! Love that starry background!

Lee-Anne said...

Love that night sky, Leigh! This is gorgeous! Thanks for popping in with a sweet comment!

Lisa Elton said...

Very nice Leigh, love your sky!!

Celeste Goff said...

What a pretty card! I love the watercolored night sky full of stars!

cm said...

A starry sky with such an uplifting sentiment - love it!
c

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the "starry night" you've created here, Leigh, wonderful card!!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh I love the dark blue watercolor!!! Looks amazing Leigh!

Joni Andaya said...

AWESOME!!! oh so love the watercolor background :)