Sunday, May 04, 2014

One layout, five NSD challenges

Well, I'm pleased to say that I was able to get one layout
made yesterday on National Scrapbook Day.

I was checking out the different challenges posted at Studio Calico
& Two Peas in a Bucket and printed out quite a few of them.
When I finally had time to make a layout, 
I ended up using several of the challenges on my layout.


She challenged us to use: a die cut, a frames, photos, embellishments & patterned paper.
I also used her layout for the Scraplift Challenge --
I loved her layered patterned papers, her typed journaling & how she had 
part of her title over her main photo.

For my layout, I used some My Mind's Eye patterned papers & decorative brad.

Here's a close-up of my journaling:


The "been there" stamp is from PTI's A Few Pointers stamp set.
(I've never inked up this stamp before -- as well as the two other stamps I used from this set
-- so I'm entering my layout in the Studio Calico NSD Challenge #2: Get Inky,
where we were challenged to use a stamp we've never inked up before.)

Another challenge at Two Peas was the We Spy Our TwoPeas Exclusives Challenge,
where we were challenged to use product from their Exclusives line. 
I decided to use this wooden die cut on my layout.


For my title, I used my Mama Elephant Inline Alphabet dies,
cut from white card stock ("Brussels") & map patterned paper ("Belgium").
The "we were here" stamp is PTI's A Few Pointers.

I used my PTI Slide Frame die to cut my frame for my photo:
once from map patterned paper & once from a coaster
and then I layered them together.
I added a stamped die cut (PTI's A Few Pointers) & some Basic Grey Flair.


I really enjoyed creating this layout
and working with the different challenges.

I'm really happy with how it turned out -- I included so many things
that I love to include on my layouts:
patterned paper, embellishments, typed journaling on my typewriter,
stamping & die cuts
and everything is lined up just the way I like it.
This is definitely my signature style, so I'm linking it up for
the Two Peas Signature Style Challenge.

10 comments:

merryf said...

I love this! Your whole world-traveler vibe shines all over it! And isn't Brussels wonderful!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Leigh, this has to be one of my favorite pages of yours! Everything speaks to me...your experience captured, the soft colors as if they belonged to an old adventure books, the design of course and I so enjoyed reading your journaling...
It's a master piece!

Megan Carroll said...

Great post Leigh, I love all the details! I am actually going to Brussels this summer, can't wait!

Kara said...

love the globe backed by that map paper! perfect!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh this is just fantastic! What a gorgeous layout, such a great impromptu train ride!

Joni Andaya said...

Aww...Traveler! Oh so love this Leigh <3

Deb said...

This is gorgeous, Leigh!! I love all of the elements!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page! I would love to go there! Pics and great and so is the design!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layout! I love the muted tones and perfect embellishment pieces!

Nathalie said...

Oh, I am so happy to see a page :) It has such a great feel, kind of old world, vintage feel, perfect for the subject! I have to send you an email right now regarding something I just read in your journaling ;)