Friday, May 23, 2014

Monthly Moments -- March




Today, I am sharing the Monthly Moments spread for March that I made using a mixture of Chickaniddy Crafts's wonderful Twirly Girly & Date Night collections. 

To explain: Monthly Moments is what I call my version of the pocket scrapbooking I do.
It's very simple. I used a 9x6" album and create one spread per month.
One side of the spread has pockets that I tend to fill with the "bigger" highlights of the month.
The other side is in one large page protector and includes a 6.5x6.5" photo collage of photos I took during the month and then some journaling, documenting the highlights.

Here's my spread for March:

Supplies: Twirly Girly Paper (TG140S12; TG140S04, TG140S07, TG140S11);  Twirly Girly Sticker Sheet (TG14EB02); Date Night Paper (DN140S05); Date Night Sticker Sheet (DN14EB02); Date Night Mini Sticker Tags (DN14EB04)
Date Night Clear Stamps (DN14ST01)


On the top left hand side, I added a collage of photos of my son.
To these I added a strip of Twirly Girly Piggy Tails patterned paper and a ticket sticker from Date Night (so perfect for this!) I printed my journaling on my computer directly onto the Twirly Girly Keepsakes patterned paper.


To include the month, I used a die cut from card stock and adhered it to some 
Twirly Girly Piggy Tails patterned paper.
I added a star sticker from the Twirly Girly Sticker Sheet.


The bottom pocket is 4x6, so I trimmed down my 4x6" photo and added the journaling card from
the Date Night Cutest Couple patterned paper, on which I printed my journaling.


Below my photo collage, I stamped with the flowers and leaves stamps from the Date Night clear stamps to create my own patterned paper border along the top.
I added the date panel from Twirly Girly's This and That patterned paper and circled the month by hand.
I printed my journaling onto white card stock and adhered it to the "important" journaling card from Twirly Girly's Never Grow Up patterned paper.
A couple more Twirly Girly star stickers and a Date Night Mini Sticker Tag finish it off. 

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

craftmates said...

Great layout Leigh! Love that you captured both the bigger highlights and small details of the month. Fabulous! -- Irma

Megan Carroll said...

Love it! Looks like you had a great month!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh awesome spread, I love the way you created layouts for both kids using such feminine papers and yet looks so not girly! Love

Joni Andaya said...

Awesome pics...Love these <3.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your monthly moments Leigh!
so rich and so well documented!
Thank You!!