Friday, May 23, 2014

Monthly Moments -- March

Today, I am sharing the Monthly Moments spread for March that I made using a mixture of Chickaniddy Crafts's wonderful Twirly Girly & Date Night collections. 

To explain: Monthly Moments is what I call my version of the pocket scrapbooking I do.
It's very simple. I used a 9x6" album and create one spread per month.
One side of the spread has pockets that I tend to fill with the "bigger" highlights of the month.
The other side is in one large page protector and includes a 6.5x6.5" photo collage of photos I took during the month and then some journaling, documenting the highlights.

Here's my spread for March:

Supplies: Twirly Girly Paper (TG140S12; TG140S04, TG140S07, TG140S11);  Twirly Girly Sticker Sheet (TG14EB02); Date Night Paper (DN140S05); Date Night Sticker Sheet (DN14EB02); Date Night Mini Sticker Tags (DN14EB04)
Date Night Clear Stamps (DN14ST01)

On the top left hand side, I added a collage of photos of my son.
To these I added a strip of Twirly Girly Piggy Tails patterned paper and a ticket sticker from Date Night (so perfect for this!) I printed my journaling on my computer directly onto the Twirly Girly Keepsakes patterned paper.

To include the month, I used a die cut from card stock and adhered it to some 
Twirly Girly Piggy Tails patterned paper.
I added a star sticker from the Twirly Girly Sticker Sheet.

The bottom pocket is 4x6, so I trimmed down my 4x6" photo and added the journaling card from
the Date Night Cutest Couple patterned paper, on which I printed my journaling.

Below my photo collage, I stamped with the flowers and leaves stamps from the Date Night clear stamps to create my own patterned paper border along the top.
I added the date panel from Twirly Girly's This and That patterned paper and circled the month by hand.
I printed my journaling onto white card stock and adhered it to the "important" journaling card from Twirly Girly's Never Grow Up patterned paper.
A couple more Twirly Girly star stickers and a Date Night Mini Sticker Tag finish it off. 

Thanks for looking!


craftmates said...

Great layout Leigh! Love that you captured both the bigger highlights and small details of the month. Fabulous! -- Irma

Megan Carroll said...

Love it! Looks like you had a great month!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh awesome spread, I love the way you created layouts for both kids using such feminine papers and yet looks so not girly! Love

Joni nina Andaya said...

Awesome pics...Love these <3.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your monthly moments Leigh!
so rich and so well documented!
Thank You!!