Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Essentials by Ellen May Pin-Sights Challenge

Today, I have a card to share for the Essentials by Ellen May Pin-Sights Challenge:


Isn't it pretty!
I love the mix of soft peach and pink colours in the top left hand photo
and I was inspired by the photo of the peonies in the cup at the bottom.


I started by watercoloring my background using a paint brush, some water 
and some harvest gold and bright buttercup ink pressed onto my acrylic block.
To created my "cup", I diecut part of a PTI Mat Stack 5 die, trimmed off the rounded
end and used my scor-pal to impress the line.
I diecut my Essentials by Ellen Mondo Hydrangea flowers and stamped them
with the coordinating stamp in versamark and heat embossed them in gold.


I coloured them in using a paint brush, some water 
and some Altnew perfect peach, frosted pink and cotton candy ink 
pressed onto my acrylic block.
I used PTI bright buttercup for the centres.
I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's KIS: Birthday) in versafine onyx black.

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful coloring Leigh. I love the nice soft glow.

~amy~ said...

beautiful Leigh!

Karen B. said...

What a cool way to use this stamp! So pretty!

Betty said...

beautiful, Leigh - and so clever the way you designed your bowl for the flower!! i'll have to remember that!

Larissa Heskett said...

SQUEAL!! Leigh this is just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the Vase that you created, such a FUN Idea!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and for joining us this Month for the Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights Challenge!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous, Leigh!

Marybeth said...

This si beautiful! I love the softness of the colors! Gorgeous!

Misscricri said...

Your card is so beautiful !

Anonymous said...

I love the soft colors and the gold embossing is the perfect touch for the flowers!

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely gorgeous Leigh!!

Kay Miller said...

That is just gorgeous Leigh! I love your new blog too! So pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Leigh this is perfectly lovely!!

Diane Jaquay said...

So very lovely!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Apparently we were both on the same page with the gold embossing for this challenge Leigh! Your colours are beautiful--lovely card.

I Card Everyone said...

Just LOverly!!
=]

Greta said...

This is one gorgeous card, Leigh!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is just adorable, Leigh, and I love the touch of elegance, too, with the gold embossing! Great watercoloring! And what a creative way to make the flower cup! <3

Joyce said...

Just gorgeous. Cool idea about the vase.