Sunday, May 29, 2016

Make It Monday #250

Today, I have a card to share for Make It Monday #250: Masked Backgrounds.
I was inspired to make my card using one of my new PTI stencils.
 

I started by masking off a border on my card using post-it notes.
Then, I blended aqua mist, Hawaiian shores and harvest gold ink onto my panel.
I laid my stencil over top and masked off the parts I didn't want to stencil
with washi tape and applied some Wplus9 Ocean Drive ink over top.
I diecut the PTI Guiding Lights sailboat and stamped it in Hawaiian shores,
pure poppy and harvest gold.
 


I stamped my sentiments (from Wet Paint III, KIS: Father's Day
and KIS: Belated Birthday) in versafine onyx black/

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

paperkicks said...

Wonderful Father's Day card, Leigh! I love the suggestion of a horizon where you transitioned from the aqua to the yellow hues. Outstanding!!

Shelly said...

This is awesome! Love those waves!

lainey said...

Leigh, this is such a cute card! Perfect for Father's Day!

victoria h said...

beautiful masked background on ur fab card

Kathryn A said...

Terrific Father's Day card! Love the waves stencil with the boat. Great background, Leigh!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the waves and the way you created this beautiful scene!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this Father's Day card! So perfectly masculine!

Darnell said...

This is whimsical and fun, Leigh! So often Dad's Day cards are sort of serious, so this is fantastic!! I hope you are enjoying the long weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Martha said...

Leigh, this is so adorably sweet.

Audrey Pettit said...

So fun, Leigh! Love the giant waves on here!

Helen F. said...

Love this fun sailboat and those very cool waves, Leigh :-)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Beautiful blending and I totally wanted that stencil when I first saw it, now I really want it hehehe!

Marina said...

What fabulous colours on this lovely card!

Cindy Groh said...

Great masculine card.