Wednesday, May 04, 2016

The Card Concept #54 {Spring Flowers} & Muse #164

Today, I have two cards to share.
The first one is a Clean & Simple card to share that I made

  
I just love this beautiful image!
I decided to use my Ellen Hutson Mondo Hydrangea stamp set to create my card.


I started by stamping my hydrangeas two different shades of Altenew Ink: Lavender Fields & Midnight Violet.
Then, using my MISTI, I stamped them in the same spot again in versamark and heat embossed them in clear.
I did a little masking and then stamped the leaves, using the same technique, but with Altenew Forest Glades.
 Then, I used my Zig Markers, a paintbrush and some water to colour in my flowers.


I coloured with a Zig marker onto my acrylic block, added water and using a paintbrush,
added colour to a strip of Crate Paper text patterned paper.
Once it was dry, I adhered it behind my panel.
The sentiment is from Altenew's Best Mom, which I stamped on a piece of black
cardstock and heat embossed in white.
A few rainstones finish it off.

My second card is for the Muse Card Challenge #164:


I was immediately inspired by Michele's beautiful card.



I stamped the watering can and tools using PTI's Garden Variety
and filled the watering can with Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals.



I decided to use my new PTI Inspired Faith stamps to stamp the sentiment.



I had a bit of a smudge on my cardstock, so I added a PTI Colour Pop Butterfly
to cover it up.



Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Lynn said...

Two beauties Leigh. I love how you added all the color to the first and the adorableness of the second.

Karen B. said...

Wow. Two beauties! I really like the softness of your second. So calming.

Betty said...

both such lovely cards Leigh - stamping just part of that great hydrangea stamp is so effective

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous inspired cards! Super fun CASE of Michelle's

I Card Everyone said...

Leigh that butterfly was meant to be part of this gorgeous creation all along! I've been waiting for this since you teased me on Monday ... what a fabulous card! Love is in every detail, my friend! Thanks so much for playing cards with us at Muse this week!
=] Michele

Ruth said...

Oh my gosh - these are beautiful! I adore the mondo hydrangea, and I love how you've embossed over the coloured ink. I have just got myself a mini MISTI and am so excited to see I can do amazing things with it!! Gorgeous creations - always amazed at the colours you use, they are always so soft and subtle. Xx

~amy~ said...

absolutely beautiful...love them both!

Lisa Elton said...

They are both beautiful Leigh!!

Megan Carroll said...

Both are very pretty! Your water coloring is beautiful!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! I love the hydrangeas and the color you used and the cluster on the second is just perfect!

Audrey Pettit said...

SO beautiful! Omgosh, I LOVE them both!

Julie Gearinger said...

Both cards are fantastic!! Love the bright colors and the heat embossed sentiment on the first card and the second looks so fresh and perfect for spring!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

Marybeth said...

Hi Leigh! Both are so pretty! I love your flowers in the water can,you stamped and arranged them beautifully Happy Mother's Day!

Ardyth said...

Love the different shades of purple with the fresh pops of green! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Leigh!

TaeEun said...

Both are beautiful, Leigh! The design of the Muse card is just stunning with so many lovely details!

Emily E said...

Stunning cards the purple and green just works magically together to create such beautiful images.

Lilian said...

Gorgeous cards! But I love the design of the first one!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Aileen said...

Both of these cards are so beautiful Leigh. I love the colour you have used on the first flower and the scene for the second card is so pretty.

foleysfriend said...

Both cards are beautiful! Where do the smudges come from? I think that I'm being careful and then I look down and there it is - always at the end of the panel. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. Although, I didn't notice that the butterfly wasn't totally intentional. LOVE!

terry said...

Great cards! The mondo hydrangea is one of my all time fave stamps...love your color choices & watercolor treatment! :) tfs~ Terry Y.