Saturday, May 28, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things #17

Today, I have a card to share for 

Isn't it pretty?
 I was inspired by the flowers in the cup to use my Altenew Best Mom 
stamp set to create my card.


I stamped the one branch on my watercolour paper and used some washi tape over two large leaves
on the bottom while I inked them up (& removed before stamping) in versafine onyx black.
Then, I rotated my cardstock 180˚ and repeated this step.
I heat embossed my stamped images in clear and coloured them in 
using my Zig markers, water and a paintbrush.


 I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's KIS: Sympathy) in versamark and
heat embossed it in white on a strip of black cardstock. 
I adhered it to my card using dimensional adhesive.

Visit Inspired By All the Little Things to see the rest of the DT's takes
on the inspiration photo and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, June 2nd to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

So pretty, Leigh! Love the floral arrangement and love the soft watercolor look. The embossing adds such a great touch of elegance, and the black makes everything pop.

Karen B. said...

Such a gorgeous card! I really like how the black really makes the soft colors pop.

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful Leigh!

Lynn Put said...

This is such a pretty sympathy card, Leigh! Perfect for the challenge.

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful Leigh.

Kay Miller said...

This is just beautiful Leigh! Love those sweet flowers!

Keeway Tsao said...

Wow Leigh! I love this card! Your coloring is gorgeous and the layout is just beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

So beautifully coloured Leigh, a perfect stamp foro this week's inspiration.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

stunning, love the light touch of color!

Marcie Sharp said...

Beautiful card! The black pops so wonderfully against the soft background.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Leigh! Wonderful take on the inspiration!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

stunning!!! Love the embossing on here!

KimCreate said...

Super pretty CAS card. This flower stamp is super. Love the colors too!