Monday, May 09, 2016

Happy Birthday, Austin!

I cannot believe that Austin is seventeen years old today!


I swear all I did was blink!
I wanted to share the card that I made for my first born for today,
using my new PTI King of the Grill stamp set.


Now, Austin has always been more of a "plain" guy when it comes to burgers.
He loves them best with only cheese and bacon.
And his favourite colour has always been orange.
So, for the border along the side, I used my new MFT stencil to apply summer sunrise and 
orange zest ink to my orange zest cardstock.


For my burger, I diecut the buns and olive using the coordinating dies.
I stamped the buns first in Wplus9 Hayride and then, using my MISTI,
used my blending tool to sponge on some Altenew Caramel Toffee ink and stamped it again.
I love the dimension this adds!
I stamped the cheese in summer sunrise and the patty and sentiments in Altenew Dark Chocolate
on my background panel, and then cut along the edges with scissors and 
used my trimmer for the straight edges.

I'm linking this card up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Stencil It.

We celebrated Austin's birthday last Thursday by going to see Captain America Civil War,
which was excellent, by the way!


Tonight, I'll make homemade pizza for supper and we'll give him his gifts.
It should be fun!

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a fun card and great details. My boys and I saw Captain America this weekend too and I loved it. Those muscles....!

Diana K said...

Totally love this, Leigh! Happy Birthday, Austin! You haven't changed a bit.

Joyce said...

Happy birthday to your son. What a handsome young man he has grown into. Love the card. Perfect for a teenaged boy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your not for little baby boy :-) He's grown into a handsome young man!

donna mikasa said...

I love the strip of stenciling on the side--perfect for a masculine card! Happy Birthday to your son!

Diane Jaquay said...

It's just crazy how quickly they grow up, isn't it, Leigh?!! Happy birthday to your son, love the card you made for him, simply perfect!

Gerry said...

Happy birthday Austin! You're a very handsome young man and so talented. Enjoy your special day.

Lisa Elton said...

Happy birthday wishes to Austin!! It does fly by fast Leigh, my only child is a daddy...how did that happen!! This looks like the perfect card for your birthday boy. I like your CAS design. A good movie followed by pizza and gifts, can't beat that!!

Sharon Underwood said...

Wait till he turns 30 -- THEN you'll feel old, believe me! I love this stamp/die set. My oldest always orders a cheeseburger, "nothing on it but cheese & meat," and he's done that since he was a child. This set would be great for a card for him. Anyway, thanks for the wonderful inspiration. I'm going to go look for the burger stamp!

Lisa Petrella said...

Awesome card!!! So many personalized details!! Love it!

I Card Everyone said...

What? Austin, between your love of plain cheeseburgers, and orange ... are you sure you're not MY kid? Happiest of birthdays, to you!! LOve the card, Leigh ... how was the movie?
=]

Lynn said...

Happy happy birthday to your fabulous Austin! Love his card!

Audrey Pettit said...

They do grow up sooooo quickly, don't they? It really does feel like just a blink of an eye. You are doing an amazing job, Momma. Happy, happy birthday to Austin! LOVE his birthday card! My son's favorite color has always been orange, too, so I am loving that ombre orange strip down the side. And the burger is so cool. Great job on the double-stamping to get that awesome shading on the bun!

Ruth said...

Such a fun card! It's amazing how they grow up - mine are quite far behind, but it doesn't seem 5 seconds since my eldest was born and she started school last September. Growing up is what they do despite us! Well done you on getting him this far - he looks like a very nice young man. Xx

alexandra s.m. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN! JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE AUSTIN!
Our Lily turned 13 on Monday!
I love that card!!
Hugs~

jenn shurkus said...

fabulous card!!!! happy birthday to you son - we share the same birthday and when my dad called me at 8:48a the time I was born, he said the same thing "it went by in a blink" craziness!
thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!!