Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Card Concept #55 {You Are My Sunshine}

I'm really enjoying playing along with Anna Kossakovskaya's CASometry Challenge 2. Make 5.
She is challenging us to make five cards using the same stamp set.
This is such a great idea -- especially for someone like me who always tends to want to grab
my newest stamps to play with.



I had all sorts of ideas, but then remembered Anna's Challenge,
and decided to use my PTI Spring Woods stamp set to make my Clean & Layered card.


I started by using my PTI Scene IT: Skyscapes sunburst die as a stencil and blended ink
onto my background panel.
I diecut the Spring Woods branch and bird and stamped them in Altenew Dark Chocolate,
PTI harvest gold, bright buttercup, summer sunrise, limeade ice and simply chartreuse.
I used my MISTI and added ink to my stamps a second time, using the rock 'n roll technique.
I adhered these to my card, using dimensional adhesive for the bird.


I stamped my sentiment using Reverse Confetti's Lovey Words Coordinates 
("you are my") in dark chocolate.
I used the same rock 'n roll technique on my "Sunshine", which is from 
Studio Calico's Sending You Sunshine stamp set.

Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Ruth said...

I keep seeing this challenge mentioned and think it's such a fabulous idea - I'm ashamed to say some of my stamps have only ever been inked up once! I love the brightness of this card and love your ombré stamping technique - gives a lovely result. Xx

Karen B. said...

What a pretty and happy scene. Everyone should wake up to this scene.

Unknown said...

Wow what a beutiful card!! The color are just amazing!

Tracey McNeely said...

Yellow is such a cheery springtime colour, what a fabulous card!

Angela Walters said...

Leigh, your cards are so beautiful. I look forward to getting your blog post every day. -Angela with the wiener dog picture from the PTI forum (in case you happen to remember it.)

karenb said...

This is super cute, Leigh!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is stunning, Leigh!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a glorious inspiration indeed Leigh!
Beautiful card!!

AB. said...

Beautiful card and a wonderful design. Love that bird! Thanks for joining us at THe Card Concept this week. xx

Lisa Elton said...

This card would bring a smile to anyone's face Leigh, it's so PRETTY!!

Greta said...

Beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, this is just SO stunning!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love your bird with the fun sunray background- perfect for all of the challenges! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful, warm welcoming card....
I really need to get myself some good bird stamps.

Galandrial said...

So perfect! Bravo!

Светлана Калайда said...

Very beautiful card !!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is beautiful. Love that bird. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Аня said...

Very bright and beautiful card!)) The bird is very sunny!))

Karen Davis said...

Your card is so perfect for the challenge. I Love the wee bird.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Leigh, there must be something special about your style that always draws me right in! You have one of my favorites week after week! Today's card is gorgeous--bright, cheerful, and beautiful color too! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!
Take Care!
Michele