Thursday, November 17, 2016

Crazy for Christmas: Decor & More


Hey there,  'Fetti Friends!
We are so excited to bring you Crazy for Christmas this week,
filled with lots of inspiration from Reverse Confetti!
We have a theme for each day, so you'll want to check out 
the Reverse Confetti blog to see links to the projects for the past two days and today.

Our theme for today is Decor & More.

One of my traditions is to make Christmas ornaments and use
them as place cards for the meal that we share with my husband's sister and her family.
I was inspired by some Christmas ornaments that Amy Sheffer shared on her blog
last year to make our ornaments for this year
and I decided to use some Reverse Confetti stamps and dies to do so!


I used some wooden spools that I had left over from twine.



I photocopied some pages of the Christmas story from my Bible and cut them into strips
and adhered them onto my spools, after stamping them with sentiments from Christmas Blessings.


On each one, I added a tag (diecut using either the Gift Card Holder Tag Confetti Cuts
or Tall Tag Trio Confetti Cuts -- which I trimmed down with my paper trimmer)
on which I stamped the recipient's name with Alphabetical.


I either added a button (or two)...


Or a jingle bell.


The men (& boys) got my favourite sentiment: "Wise men still seek Him."


I cannot even tell you how excited and happy it makes me to have
all of these ornaments made over a month ahead of time!
What a great feeling!



 

 

Here's a list of the other Reverse Confetti DT that are also sharing
Decor & More projects today on their blogs:


And before you go, I also have a tag to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #199 designed by Chrissy Larson:



It's pretty simple -- which I find is nice to be able to whip up at the last minute!


I started by diecutting some Cloud White Cardstock with the Tag Me, Too Confetti Cuts.
I stamped the sentiment from Christmas Blessings repeatedly, using Lime Green Ink
Brick Ink & Avocado Ink.


A button and twine finish it off.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, December 1st to link up your card.



Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

How cool are the ornaments, Leigh?! I love your thinking!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Great idea, Leigh, I've been collecting wooden spools for awhile now but hadn't thought about what I wanted to do with them :)

I Card Everyone said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!! take on our sketch!!!
=]

Lisa H. said...

ok. so this is awesome! I missed that post from Amy and I love your take on it. loooove it!

alexandra s.m. said...

You are so creative and talented dear Leigh!
LOVE, Love these ornaments and your take on this week's sketch is perfectO ;-)
Hugs~

Lisa Elton said...

Your ornaments are adorable and I like your pretty little tag!

donna mikasa said...

Adorable tag and a creative take on the sketch! Love your wooden spool project, too!

Karen B. said...

Cute projects!

Monika/Buzsy said...

I love these spool ornaments Leigh. Such a neat idea. I will have to give it a try. Love the natural look to them. Sweet tag.

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, I LOVE those ornaments so much, Leigh! What a great table setting gift! The natural wooden spool and twine are right up my alley! Love the scripture and stamped sentiment, and love the button and bell toppers, too. And that is SUCH a cute tag! Great job with the sketch!

~amy~ said...

What a great use of those spools!
Love your fun tag too!

Miriam Prantner said...

Absolutely adore those ornaments!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow Leigh, I just adore these beautiful little ornaments!

TK said...

What a fun tradition for you -- homemade ornaments are awesome! Love that cute tag too!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love those ornament spools. And what a fantastic idea to make them double as name placeholders. I'm sure everyone will love theirs. What a special gift! And your Christmas tag is so festive and fun in these traditional colors!