Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Inspired by a skirt

Several weeks ago, in church, the woman sitting
in front of me had the cutest skirt... and it inspired me to make this card.


I started with a piece of watercolour paper and stamped the Beautiful Bouquet: Dahlia stamp
 from Wplus9 in Versafine and heat embossed it in clear.
Then, I used my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers and a water brush to colour them in,
as well as my background.


I stamped the sentiment from PTI's Winter Woods.

Thanks for looking!


13 comments:

Betty said...

lovely card Leigh - the soft colors are so pretty - wonderful design too - last year i made a card inspired by a woman sitting in front of me in church too - it was navy stripe with a flower over the stripes - too funny - inspiration is everywhere!

Hussena said...

This is totally stunning! How lovely to be designed by a skirt design.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is beautiful, Leigh! Gorgeous colors and flowers, and I love your spot watercoloring!

TK said...

Beautiful! If the skirt looked anything like this, I can see why it inspired you!

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely gorgeous Leigh! Love the softness of the colors! HUGS

Anonymous said...

beautiful Leigh!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I don't think this could possibly be any prettier!!

Shelly said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your artistic watercoloring! Way to be inspired!

Karen B. said...

Wow! So fresh and fun and beautiful!

Darnell said...

Haha, I thought I was the only one who did that! This is really superb, Leigh! Next time take a picture of the lady's skirt ... or shirt ... or ...!! Hugs, Darnell

Emily E said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Those colors are amazing together.

Bobby said...

I had to laugh at this, Leigh. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is inspired by the clothing people wear to church. I don't know what the skirt looked like the the card is beautiful.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving these bright, fresh, springy colors!