Friday, December 09, 2016

A Year In Review Altenew Challenge

Happy Friday!
This has been a long week... we had a huge storm on Monday
which cancelled school for Tuesday and Wednesday.
I was still able to make it in to work, but it's been slow this week...
I'm so thankful for our wonderful warm house
to shelter us from the snow and cold!

Today, I'm sharing the card that I made for the


They're reviewing all of the challenges posted this year, 
which I am pleased to say that I participated in  -- all except one. ;)


For today's card, I chose to be inspired by April's Challenge,
with those lovely greys, blues and gold.
I used Bamboo Roses to make my card.


I heat embossed my stamped images in gold and then coloured them in with 
my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers and a water brush.


I stamped my sentiment using PTI's Tropics stamp set (in Altenew Sapphire)
and created a border for my card with some soft stone cardstock,
Concord & 9th's Woodgrain stamp and Altenew Evening Grey.

Thanks for looking!


10 comments:

Betty said...

this is so beautiful Leigh - love the contrast between the woodgrain and the gold!

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous. I really love the gold embossing. Good for you for how much you participated at Altenew this year. I'm not sure, but I think I have not played at all yet.

Karen B. said...

Wow, so gorgeous. I love the peeking of woodgrain on the side too, ties everything together so nicely!

Sujana said...

This is beautiful.... Loving the butterfly colours and the woodgrain.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the strip of woodgrain, this is lovely! We're expecting snow this weekend, hope it's not too much!!

Bobby said...

Gorgeous, Leigh.

BożenA said...

The way you painted flowers is stunning. I love how the colors blend

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE the gold embossing with the watercoloring!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful watercoloring! <3

Nora Noll said...

Your painting on this is beautiful!! The colors you chose look fabulous with the gold!!