Sunday, December 18, 2016

PTI's Create Along with Us: December 2016

Today, I have a card to share that I made for the last

This month, I was inspired by the beautiful cards
this one in particular:


Isn't it gorgeous?
I decided to use my Sketch Florals set to make my card.


I stamped my outline stamps in versafine onyx black ink on watercolour paper
and heat embossed them in clear. 
Then, I stamped over them with the solid stamps in hibiscus burst,
raspberry fizz and limeade ice and used a water brush to blend the colours
and five more of a watercolour look.
I also pressed ink onto my acrylic block and added water to create
the background water effect.


I stamped the sentiment from Walk by Faith.
I'm going to give this to a friend at church this morning who just 
got diagnosed with leukaemia.
Such a hard road to walk!

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Betty said...

I like your card even more than Kay's - beautiful cclors and watercoloring!

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous Leigh!

Cindy C. said...

Both so pretty!! Love your take!!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Gorgeous card, Leigh! Really pretty

Karen B. said...

A great take on Kay's card.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Absolutely stunning, Leigh!
I am sure your friend will really appreciate this beautiful card!

Emily E said...

Gorgeous - your watercoloring looks so very pretty!

Ribbons and Roots said...

Beautiful! So bright and bold--I'm sure it will bring cheer to your friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Leigh!! Sure lifts my spirits with the cold snowy days we've had!!

Diana K said...

This is such a standout in the gallery, Leigh. Loving the beautiful warm tones!

paperkicks said...

Gorgeous card, Leigh! Love the watercolor softness of your card, and the sentiment is perfect!!

Kay Miller said...

Leigh this is just beautiful! You did a fabulous job CASEing my card! I'm honored :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Leigh! Love those beautiful florals! Great take on the challenge!