Sunday, December 04, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch #200 -- Take Two

A couple of weeks ago, Marni Luhu, the store where I sell my cards,
had an open house for Christmas, along with several other stores in town.
She asked me to make tags for cider packages that they handed out to customers.
I had made one tag to show her and then together we tweaked the design slightly
for me to use as a sample for the 100 tags I made.

The original tag was sitting on my desk, unused and I thought,
why not use it to make a card?
I thought of this week's CAS(E) This Sketch #200 designed by Sam Simpson
and thought it would be perfect!



I pulled some Pink Paislee Merry & Bright patterned paper.


I layered the patterned paper over a piece of burgundy cardstock.


To create my tag, I cut a strip of white cardstock an added a strip of kraft cardstock that I had impressed using my PTI Stripes Impression Plate (discontinued).
I diecut the cup using some MFT dies and stamped 
my sentiment using MFT's Hand Lettered Holiday.

There's still time to play along with this week's CAS(E) this Sketchif you'd like.
You have until Thursday, December 8th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

So bold and rustic-cool card!

Karen Day said...

Leigh, this is stunning with the houndstooth background!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh I love that hounds-tooth background!! Yummy coffee!! :)

Robyn said...

Love this!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is marvelous! I like the houndstooth background. It's perfect with the cute little tag as the focal!

Bobby said...

Love the houndstooth paper, Leigh. The cup of hot cocoa/coffee really says 'warm wishes'.

TK said...

Very nice! This card chases the cold, wintry weather right away!

LeAnne said...

NICE! I love the background DSP as well as your sweet tag!

Chrissy Larson said...

Super cool! I love that little cup!