Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!

I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas Day!

We attended the Christmas Eve service at our church last night
-- it made me so happy that everyone dressed up for the event!


It's tradition to take a photo of our family in front of the tree
at church on the 24th.
(By the way, I can't believe I'm almost the shortest person in my family!)

And it's also tradition for the kids to pose in front of our tree
on Christmas morning before opening their gifts...


They were all very happy with what they received, which made me very happy
this Christmas morning. :)

I had a couple of extra gifts to open under my tree this morning, too...
I had won a gift certificate to MFT stamps this summer for Camp Create
and decided to order some goodies. 
When they came, I thought it would be fun to wrap them up, with a tag
that said: "To Leigh, from MFT Stamps."
To make the tag, I used this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch 312:


Here's my tag (sorry it's a little blurry! 
I was going to retake the photo, but I think it got thrown out with all of the wrapping paper.)


I stamped the BG Scattered Surface in Altenew Morning Frost on PTI Soft stone cardstock.
I stamped my Snowflake Flurries stamp in Altnew Crimson onto its coordinating diecut.
I heat embossed the sentiment (from PTI's Holiday Folk) in white on a strip of red cardstock.

And here's what was inside my package:


I actually let Sage open it -- and was delighted with her excitement
over what I'd picked!

I had also won a gift certificate from Altenew for their video contest,
so I did the same thing with this parcel I received in the mail.
I decided to use CAS(E) This Sketch #202 to make it:



as well as Altenew's A Year in Review Inspiration Challenge:


I was inspired to use the pretty pinks and greys from the August Challenge.
Here's the tag:


I stamped the sentiment (from MFT's Hand-Lettered Holiday)
and the flowers and leaves from Altenew's Bamboo Roses in Altenew Jet Black ink.
(I just got this ink and I love it!)
I painted in the flowers and leaves using PTI ink that I pressed onto my acrylic block, water
and a paintbrush.

Here's what I got with my gift certificate:
  

I'm looking forward to playing with my new goodies!

How about you?
Did you get any stamps for Christmas?

Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

10 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks for sharing the beautiful projects and photos.

Lynn said...

Love all the pictures of your beautiful family and of course your projects too! Merry Christmas Leigh!

Hussena said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! All of you look so lovely.
I loved the tags you created for both the challenges. So pretty! Congratulations on your wins and your new goodies look absolutely wonderful.😍

Ruth said...

What a lovely family you all are! Fabulous gifts you got too - and prizes as well :) I didn't get any stamps, but I did get a Precision Press to play with which I'm looking forward to trying out at a crafty meet up I'm having on Wednesday. Merry Christmas to you all! Xx

Kay Miller said...

Merry Christmas Leigh! I hope you had a wonderful one! The photos of your family are just beautiful! I love seeing the tags you made and the goodies you got with your gift certificates! Can't wait to see what you made with all of this fun new stuff! Happy new year my friend! :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful family Leigh!! Love your tags and that you let Sage open the packages. Anxious to see what you create with your new goodies!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your family photos! Such a beautiful family! Glad to hear you all had a wonderful holiday, and I LOVE that you wrapped up your new stamps! 😂

Brian King said...

Such fun! Again, I love how you've let the sentiment run off the edges of this tag. Such a great effect.

Chrissy Larson said...

Love the family pics and you are on a roll with the tags! SO pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful family photos!!! Love your tag for the Altenew challenge! Thanks so much for joining along, Leigh!!