Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to share the photo Christmas card 
that I sent out this year.


I feel a little badly.... in the past few years, I've made up cards
with my photos with cardstock, stamping, diecutting, etc.
But this year, with working full time, I just knew they wouldn't happen that way again.
Because of this, I almost didn't sent out photo cards... but I've done it every year
since Austin was a baby and didn't want to break my streak. ;)
So, I created my own card using Picasa and had them printed as 4x6.
For friends and family nearby, I gave them out as is.
For friends and family further away, I printed up some highlights of the year on
cardstock and adhered them to the back of the cards.

Would you like to know the highlights?
Here's what a wrote:

"Highlights for the Penner family this year include:
Lots of performances (Provincial Honour Choir in Winnipeg for Austin, 
Brandon Jazz Festival for Austin & Jonah, 
Festival of the Arts for Sage, Jonah & Leigh, 
parts in their school plays for Austin & Jonah, 
singing at church, recitals and the Tabor Home for Sage, 
Central Manitoba Youth Choir for Austin, 
Grade 9 Jazz & Concert Band for Jonah, 
Grade 7/8 Jazz choir for Sage),
Cameron and Leigh celebrated their 20th anniversary in April,
Leigh got her 3rd degree Black Belt in May,
Leigh, Austin, Jonah & Sage drove to Denver in June to visit family & 
go to Denver Comic Con (where they met Stan Lee!), 
Leigh’s family came to visit in June for her mom’s 80th birthday, 
Austin got a job at Coop & 
Leigh got her dream job of being a design consultant at Two30Nine by Decor, 
Austin started Grade 12, Jonah started Grade 9 & Sage started Grade 7."

2016 was a good year. :)

I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas!
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog --
I really appreciate it -- and your Christmas greetings, too!

A big storm is coming tomorrow, so our plans to travel to my mom's have changed.
We will stay stay safe and warm at home.
A quiet, relaxing Christmas... I guess we'll see what that's like. ;)

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

!neke said...

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year !
Great foto !

Cheryl said...

Merry Christmas, Leigh! I hope it is wonderful.

*Vicki* said...

You have a beautiful family Leigh! Merry Christmas and best wishes for a great 2017!! HUGS

Ruth said...

Have a very very very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thank you for all your inspiring posts and all your kind comments on my blog. Have a very Merry Christmas one and all! Stay safe. Xx

Cindy said...

Hi Leigh- Thanks for sharing the photo of your lovely family. It's always fun to read your family updates. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!

Lynn said...

Merry Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family Leigh! xoxo

Bobby said...

That is a lovely family photo, Leigh, and no apologies should be needed for not hand making them. You've had a busy, fun-filled year and I hope 2017 holds many blessings for your and your family.

Kris said...

Wow, sounds like an awesome year! Hope you're having a peaceful Christmas Day, and wish you and your beautiful family a healthy, happy new year!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful family portrait! Merry Christmas to you and all, thanks for a wonderful, inspiring year for all the lovely posts!