Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chair-ished

Things have been fairly busy lately. I worked Monday & Tuesday, but had today day off, so I spent part of the day getting my house in order (vaccuuming, laundry, grocery shopping, baking chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, you know all that fun stuff...) and the other part getting ready for the crop I'm hosting this weekend at my church to raise money for my trip to the Congo. I'm expecting about 30 women, so it should be a really good time.

My friend, Susan, came down this afternoon and helped me prep for my card class and make lunchbox note dies for all the attendees. I'm sure I'll take some photos and post them soon....

In the meantime, here's a card I made about a month ago, but never got around to posting:


I used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white, spring rain, harvest gold), stamps (newsprint, on my couch & on my couch additions, half & half) and dies (half & half). The patterned paper is The Girl's Paperie.

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

Leigh, I love everything about this card! It's so beautiful! That patterned paper is gorgeous and pairs perfectly with the chair image.

Jodi_E said...

To cute with the pattern paper.

Joyce said...

Yay--it's back. I've had the same issue with blogger before. I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I am really loving this stamp set because of everything you are doing with it. Great layout. I've got something in mind that this layout would be perfect for!

Kim said...

Love your card (and the colors)...have a great and successful crop this weekend Leigh, I am sad i will be unable to join the fun this time.

:)

glorygirl said...

Awww...love it! The colors and the sentiment. So cute!

Kay D said...

Oh my, that chair is just the sweetest thing ever- I love how you paper pieced it!

Elena said...

lovely! I adore the pattern you chose for your chair!

Kara said...

oh, i love this!!

Veronica Z said...

This is a perfect card! I love the couch, and beautiful papers you used!

carol (krillsister) said...

The pattern paper is beautiful. Love the colors & the stitching. The couch looks great made from the PP.

Marybeth said...

Love the couch card, its adorable. Have fun!

Mara Campbell said...

Very pretty colors and I love the couch! Good luck with your crop, I hope it's a fun and successful one!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Beautiful Leigh!!! Just wanted to pop in and say how excited I am to be working with you at Amber Ink!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Kristin said...

Love it!!! Those colors are perfect and I think the paper piecing for the chair is the right touch.