Monday, October 17, 2011

A few upgrades...

When I was making these sets of cards, I had a few "flubs." Rather than toss them in the recycling, I decided to see if I could upgrade them a little by trimming off the "oopses" and adding a few more elements & stitching...


For this card, I added some PTI cardstock (terracotta tile) and My Mind's Eye patterned paper, as well as some KI Memories rhinestones. The stamped are PTI (botanical silhouettes).



For this card, again, I added some PTI cardstock (terracotta tile) and My Mind's Eye & Pink Paislee patterned paper, as well as some KI Memories rhinestones. The stamped are PTI (iconic images, fancy flourishes).



And for this last card, I For this card, again, I added some PTI cardstock (terracotta tile) and some KI Memories rhinestones. The stamped are PTI (iconic images, fancy flourishes & beautiful blessings).

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Luanne said...

I wish my *flubs* looked this fantastic! Love them all!

Marlo said...

I was literally going to say the same thing as Luanne! I only dream that my flubs looked so good. Where in the world is the flub??? you are amazing :)

Joyce said...

Your 'flubs' are gorgeous, or you are a remarkable touch up artist. I'm back from a weekend away, although it feels like I've been gone forever. Will try to catch up later on email with you. Looks like you had an interesting day yesterday.

Sara Mac said...

Three gorgeous cards Leigh! Love all the stitching. Looks like you fixed them all up perfectly. No one would ever know these were flubs.

CarrieB said...

I totally agree with everyone - these are great and if you hadn't told us - we would have never known these were flubs!!! I guess we can think about God'slan for us this way too - from what we think is a mistake - sometimes the most beautiful results come!TFS

carol (krillsister) said...

LOved how you decided to recycle your 'flubs'. Wouldn't have know if you didn't tell us. Great job.
the color cxombos & PP all complement each other nicely.

Kara said...

beautiful!! love doing this too!! often i like the revised version more than the original!!

Unknown said...

I love the combo of these stamps sets together. I've been looking at the fancy flourishes set and keep talking myself out of it. I'm really thinking I need it now. Beautiful cards!

Elena said...

gorgeous cards!

Jen Adcock said...

What fabulous "flubs". Magnificent cards. I especially love the layered flourishes. Genius!

Elle said...

Great job! I am always admiring your work. I vote for u to be added to the PTI Design Team!

Elizabeth said...

I am on the these cards are gorgeous band-wagon! You can't even tell!!!!! I wished I created as beautiful of cards as you do!!!
e.

Donna said...

You make the nicest cards with the Botanical set. I love them all. TFS!

Kristin said...

Wow! Love looking at your cards... now if only my best cards looked as good as your "flubs" :)