Monday, October 10, 2011

Congrats, times two

My nephew recently got engaged, so I wanted to make a congratulations card for him and his finacée...

I dug through my basket of premade Bloom Builder #3 blooms and found one that I'd made with Pink Paislee patterned paper (a Christmas line!), a PTI button and twine.


I used Lily Bee patterned paper, Papertrey Ink stamps (Think big Favourites #5) and dies (Mat Stack #1, #5 & Bloom Builders #3).

Since I had the left over diecuts from making this card, I decided to use them to make another one right away.


I used the same materials as the first card, as well as some PTI cardstock (fine linen.)

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Love the cards. And, what an earth-friendly gal you are, recycling your die cuts for another card. I'll have to remember this trick. Congrats to your nephew.

Alanna said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the flowers and the colors you chose.

Kristen :-) said...

Love these!! You really rocked that "negative aperture" technique :-) I need to start making blooms while watching tv at night - :-)

AuroraDawn said...

Wow love that negative aperture in the first card its fabulous ... So clever

carol (krillsister) said...

Both cards are gorgeous. I like the layout of each one. same materials, yet a little different. Loved the colors you chose. Nice job with yur stitching.

Monica K. said...

These are both gorgeous, Leigh! Such a smart idea to use your scraps up right away too. I'll have to remember that!

Deb said...

These are great! Lucky nephew! And I loved how you scooped up your scraps for another card.