Friday, October 21, 2011

Five for Friday

1. We have the day off today! :)

And actually, we have the next four Fridays off, too, which is so great, because I have subbed at the school almost every day for the last month, and while it's great to work there, a day off is also very much appreciated.

2.
I've been making some more cards to sell at my church to raise funds for my upcoming trip to the Congo. I started selling them last week and was very happy with the positive response they received!

3. I decided to use my new Papertrey Ink stamp set: Holiday Lights to make another Christmas set to sell. Each set has the following five cards in it and will retail for $10.










This set is so much fun-- I'll be using it for one of my card classes at my Crop for the Congo next weekend...

4. And someone else has been enjoying this stamp set, too.


Sage asked if she could have some of my "flubs" from making the set (see #3) and used her gel-pens to draw in the bulbs:




After using the gel pens, she decided to stamp her own out. So fun sharing a hobby with my girl!

5. And lastly, here's another card that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Layered Mats and Frames.


I used PTI cardstock (new leaf, pure poppy), stamps (Holiday Lights) & dies (Mat Stack #4, Limitless layers). The patterned paper is Fancy Pants.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

Leigh, these are great! I want the holiday lights set so badly - your entry for MIM is gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Happy Friday! I'm so glad that I have Holiday Lights coming to me. You have made such beautiful things with it. And, I love Sage's cards, too. They are really wonderful, and I would encourage you to package them up for sale. That hand lettered Merry Christmas is just too sweet. Looks like you already have your new inks, so I am jealous. I hope you like them.

xoxo... t said...

Oh Leigh, I ADORE that holiday light stamp set! Just beautiful!

Suzie said...

Great cards! Love 'em! :) Glad to hear you are pleased with your sales.

Monica K. said...

So pretty, Leigh! I love all the card sets you have been making! And it sounds like they are selling well too. Not surprised, they are gorgeous! ;)

Terri said...

They are all great! I have not inked my set up yet but that is going to change soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

carol (krillsister) said...

So glad to hear you are having a positive response to the sale of your cards. The set you made with the Holiday Lights is cute. Love the colors you used on the lights.
Sage's cards are lovely too! Looks like you have a "budding" stamper on your hands. soon she'll be telling you what sets she wants to order. LOL

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my I love the cards you made with the Holiday Lights set! And your daughter's are just so precious! She is a budding artist for sure!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh, I just love these card sets. Worth every penny. Your daughter has done a wonderful job on her cards as well.

Unknown said...

More great sets. I'm glad to hear you are having a positive response. I'm seeing a scrapbook page coming of your daughter crafting. Gotta get them started young you know.

Cibele Glazer said...

Love these! And your daughter is just precious. Please let her know that I adore what she did with her gel pens! She is as creative as her mom.

Ann said...

Leigh, can I just say your cards are a delight! I just love the simple and elegant style - and it looks like there's another talented crafter developing at your house.

glorygirl said...

What a great idea for the Christmas cards! So simple and beautiful. Those might actually be cards I could make :)