Sunday, October 30, 2011

Crop for the Congo recap

Thanks to everyone who left comments on my blog wishing me well with my crop!

It took place on Friday evening and Saturday until 4pm and was wonderful! I took Austin, Jonan & Sage along with me on Friday afternoon to set up tables at my church and they were lots of help. My friend, Mandy, also came, with her boys and was very much appreciated! We set up for 32 people, as I didn't know for sure how many were coming. In the end, we had 29 in attendance.

Huge thanks again to all who attended! It was a great turn out and lots of fun! Everyone seemed to enjoy the fact that they had a table each for scrapping, the food (thanks again to Gloria, Val, Nancy & Susan for helping me out in that department!), the door prizes and the twelve hours of scrapbooking time. I had about 10 or 11 women participate in my card classes, which was a lot of fun! And lots of talking, reconecting and laughing! It was fabulous!

AND... I got three layouts done! Yay!

Here's one that I made, using some new Authentique patterned paper that my friend, Marlo, brought me back from Minneapolis:


Isn't it pretty? I loved how well it coordinated with my PTI felt (ocean tides, terracotta tile)! I also used PTI stamps (turning a new leaf, gratitude journal), buttons, twine and dies (turning a new leaf, beautiful blooms II #2, wonderful words). The cardstock is Bazzill.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Congratulations on your successful crop. And, you even got a page done--fabby!

Kara said...

beautiful page!! gorgeous coors!

Ann said...

Lovely page - and very pleased your crop went so well.

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow!. Those flower blooms are gorgeous. I love that color combination. I am going to have totry it. The layout is pretty. So glad you had a successful crop.

Mad for Paper said...

Just Beautiful. I love your color combo, looks great with the photo.
TFS
Ang

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great crop and were prodcutive! Love your page with all the die cuts and the layering!

Lee said...

Glad you hosted such a fun and successful crop. That page is beautiful and one I'd love to CASE.

Jen Adcock said...

Ooh Leigh, this is magnificent! Looks like a good and productive time was had. Those colors! Those blooms! Such a lovely layout.

Sherri said...

What a pretty layout. Love the colour combo. I had such a fun time at your crop Leigh. You put so many lovely little touches into it, the food was de-licious, and the people were a hoot. I hope you do another one in the future, you're a pro. Oh, and I've already made 3 cards with the gorgeous kit I won, I've posted them on my blog if you want to have a peek :)

Elizabeth said...

Love your stamped leaves, very cute!!!!
e.

Mara Campbell said...

The colors are fabulous and I love the layered flowers!! I'm so happy your crop was a success!