Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another card make-over

I'd made this card originally to be a part of this set of cards, but when I added some cards with the string of lights stamped in black, these lost a bit of their luster. I figured all they needed was a little dressing up and decided to do so, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Layered Mats and Frames.


I used PTI cardstock (new leaft, aqua mist), stamps (holiday lights) and die (mat stack #4). The patterned paper is October Afternoon and the scalloped edge is recycled off of a package of The Girl's Paperie stickers.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

So cute, Leigh!!! Love aqua and red together!!! You always make such gorgeous cards!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. the PP sure does dress it up. I love the stitching. I need to do more stitching on my cards. Those scallops on the bottom are cute too!

Unknown said...

Love these colors together and the stitching is great. I really need to do more of that.

Ann said...

Hmmm, I knew I should have ordered this set! Another lovely card and the sentiment fits perfectly. I often find it hard to fit Merry & Bright onto a card.

Gayatri said...

Me too! I knew I wanted the Holiday Lights set but for some reason I put it off. Now after looking at your card, I want definitely want to buy them. Beautiful cheerful card, Leigh! Love all the colors.

nancy said...

Great card, Leigh. Aqua Mist is an unexpected calming addition to the bright traditional colors. Fabulous positioning of the stamps in the framed opening.

Charlene Austin said...

Hi Leigh....this card is gorgeous! What a pretty blog you have!

Amy Kolling said...

I love how bright and festive this is! Your stitching and mat look fabulous Leigh! Love that it's one layer too! :)

Elena said...

so fun and bright! love the pp, and the stitching :)

Kim said...

Love these bright, bold colors! And your treat bags are soooo cute! Love 'em!

:)

Suzie said...

I love what you did with this card incorporating the flower paper. Too cute!

Mara Campbell said...

I love all the stitching on your card!!

Julie Overby said...

Great card Leigh!