Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Two cards for a Princess Challenge

Hello, my name is Leigh and I'm a craft-a-holic.

I've been this way for over eight years (if not longer!) but lately my obsession has taken a new form.

I'm addicted to making these...


I recently went through my scrap patterned paper organizer and selected a bunch of papers to use with my PTI bloom builder #3 die to make them.

From there, I can just choose a bloom to add to a card, or start with a bloom and make a card or layout with it. It's great!

This week, I made two cards this way for Dianne's Papertrey Princess Challenge to use the colour red.

Here's the first one:


For this card, I used PTI cardstock (pure poppy, aqua mist), stamps (Think Big Favourites #4) and die (Fillable Frames #10, Bloom Builders #3). I also used My Mind's Eye (bloom) & Cosmo Cricket (postcard) patterned paper and a MME decorative brad.

Here's a close up:


And, here's the second one:


For this card, I used PTI cardstock (pure poppy, aqua mist), stamps (Happy Trails) and dies (Bloom Builders #3). I also used Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and a My Mind's Eye decorative brads.

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Kim said...

LUVin' those cute blossoms!!!

:)

Jen Carter said...

Those are both really pretty!! Love aqua and red together!! I have that flower die on my wish list!

Joyce said...

You are too funny. And, I love those cards. Seeing all those bloom builder flowers together is really something. I am hoping to get my replacement die soon, and then I can start cutting, too.

Anonymous said...

Pretty flowers made prettier by the cute brads! :D

Deb said...

Love those blooms! I may have to get my hands on that.

Kara said...

love all of the blooms too!! I can see why you cant stop making them!

Ann said...

Leigh I am in awe! I have almost given up on my die as I haven't managed a single successful cut yet, having tried every possible permutation of sandwiches in my cuttlebug, trying all of the suggestions on the forum and wasting a ton of cardstock! So well done you and I love these two cards.

carol (krillsister) said...

Both cards are pretty. Never would have thought the red & aqua would work so nicely together.
I too am an addict. However, I just don't see to have the time I need to make cards. It takes me forever just to make 1 card. Maybe we should start Stamper's Annonomyous.

Unknown said...

You're so funny. Both of your cards are amazing..no surprise there. I'm with you on those flowers. I just can't get enough of them.

Jen Adcock said...

Fabulous cards madame! I especially am smitten with the first card and your clever combination of pattern papers and stamping. Cool as. I am so pleased you are hooked on those blooms. You do do them so very well. I hope you don't go and do something silly like try and kick the habit. LOL Keep on keeping on!

Lee said...

Beautiful cards. Love red and aqua together and those blooms are gorgeous.

Ann said...

Hi Leigh - thanks for your helpful comment on my blog - I'll be putting the metal shim on my next order and trying once more!

Ann :o)

Donna said...

Swooning here! I enjoy your blog so much. Your cards and layouts are wonderful. TFS!

Mara Campbell said...

Your flowers are lovely!! I bet it's great to have them already made and ready to use on a card.

Vannessa said...

These are gorgeous Leigh - love those blooms!