Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween photos & Pages with Papertrey #3

We had a great Halloween! The weather was perfect-- I still can't believe how nice it was!-- and everyone had a great time!

I thought I'd share our costumes...


Jonah was a clone trooper, from the Star Wars Saga. He got the helmet for Christmas a couple of years ago and I picked up the white hoodie at the thrift store for $1.


Sage wore her owl costume again this year and looked absolutely adorable!


I made Austin a Harry Potter costume, using a tutorial from Fiskars. I was really pleased with how it turned out!


And I decided to be Harry's snowy owl, Hedwig. I made the top a tank top I found at the thrift store, to which I sewed large scalloped strips. For the hat, I altered a white tuque (also from the thrift store) and added some polar fleece eyes and nose (the grey eyes I cut out using my PTI damask snowflake dies). It's always fun dressing up, but I do get some people who look at me a little strangely. I try not to let it bother me though, because I know my kids LOVE it when I dress up with them!

Here's the whole gang:



And, on the topic of dressing up, I wanted to share the Pages With Papertrey challenge #3 for November: dress up a sticker with some PTI goodness.

Here, on my layout, I took a Lily Bee sticker, layered it onto a scalloped circle and then onto a Doily Details diecut. To finish it off, I added a decorative brad to the centre.


Here's the whole layout:


I used PTI cardstock (ocean tides, stamper's select white, pure poppy) & dies (half & half, love lives here, doily details). I also used Bazzill cardstock (12x12), Lily Bee patterned paper and sticker and October Afternoon letter stickers.

I tucked the journaling behind the large photo on the half & half die cut:



If you'd like to play along with this month's Pages With Papertrey challenge, just post your layout here in the PTI forum.

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Luanne said...

Your costumes are SO creative! Love them all! :-)

xoxo... t said...

Just love it! Your costume is fabulous, Leigh! Looks like you had a great time.

Laurie said...

Love this layout Leigh! Those colors are gorgeous! And I am loving those costumes! SO cute!!

Unknown said...

Your costumes are so great! We had great weather and a blast to! I love your layout. The colors and the texture you added with the dies! Great job!

glorygirl said...

Awww....love the layout AND that you dressed up with the kiddos! The costumes are awesome!

Joyce said...

Great costumes. Looks like a super fun Halloween.

Crystal said...

Great costumes! You are amazing!

Marybeth said...

Your customs are very creative and you all look wonderful. Love that you only spent 1$ on the white hoodie. Your layout is beautiful too. Nice job!

Elizabeth said...

Very cute and creative costumes girlie!!! You look adorable!

I also love your layout, and how special that night must have been!
e.

Kara said...

how sweet..looks like it was a great girl's night!!

Elena said...

everyone looks amazing! love all the costumes!

Deb said...

Great costumes and layout! Can't wait to play along!

carol (krillsister) said...

You are one talented lady; card maker, scrapbooker & now costume maker. Layout is great! Love the little house on the Half & Half die.

Mara Campbell said...

Great costumes!! The weather was great for us, too. It's always a bonus when the weather cooperates!

And great layout, I love the block design with all your photos!