Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Thank you cards...

... for the latest Papertrey Princess challenge.

Last Thursday, Sue posted a challenge to make 5 gratitude/thankful cards for people who presently bless or who have in the past, blessed your life. This was such perfect timing, as I had some people who helped me out with my Crop for the Congo that I wanted to thank.

So, for Susan (who helped me make lunchbox note diecut treats and door prizes), Mandy (who came to the church Friday afternoon to help me set up tables and chairs), Val (who made cinnamon buns for our snack Saturday morning) and Nancy (who made muffins and helped with lunch), I made little thank you treats, using my PTI lunchbox note die and this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Multi-stamp Background Building.


I used PTI cardstock (rustic white), stamps (falling leaves, fancy flourishes and Mat Stack #1 (sentiment)) and dies (lunchbox note die). Inside each note, I tucked a Ghiradelli chocolate (from the ones that Kim so kindly sent me) or an areo bar (for Susan.)

When I first ordered the Falling leaves stamp set, I went looking in the PTI gallery to see what the DT members had made with it. I was blown away by this card by Kim Hughes and knew that I wanted to make something similar. So, I made this card for Gloria (who made the lunch for my Crop for the Congo: lasagna soup and Olive Garden bread sticks-- so yummy!-- as well as an apple strudel for dessert):


I used PTI cardstock (rustic white, harvest gold), stamps (falling leaves, distressed stripes and Mat Stack #1 (sentiment)).

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Joyce said...

I think you have finally sold me on this falling leaves stamp set for next fall. Everything you make with it, including today's creations, is wonderful.

Elena said...

beautiful! I love the flourishes with the autumn tree - the gals are going to be so touched!

Shobana said...

Oh so lovely! What a fab treat for your friends! :)

Unknown said...

Great job with the challenge! I love how your used the Falling Leaves set...I have never place so many leaves..I will ty it:) Your friends are so lucky!

samantha's cards said...

beautiful cards

Suzanne Russell said...

Both of these are wonderful! The second is my personal favorite. :)

Terri said...

They are both great. I bet your friends will love them.

Kim said...

Hey Leigh!
...I was so happy to read that your Crop for the Congo went so well for you! Congratulations!!

You and the kids all look great in your costumes - great job! (and i wouldn't bother with the 'looks' you got for dressing up with your kids...what IS most important is that you made the kids super happy by joining in with the festivities with them..no different than taking part in a game with them...good for you!)

I love your last couple layouts and cards too...you're so talented!!

Happy November!
:)

Helen F. said...

Beautiful cards, Leigh. Love the crisp fall leaf colors!

Sonia said...

So lovely, Leigh! I love the effect of the flourish behind the tree...that is a MUST-Case!

Ann said...

Oh Leigh, LOVE your trees! Such wonderful colours. And I love the combination of falling leaves blown by the flourishes.

Unknown said...

Leigh, these are amazing. I love the combo of the flourishes with the leaves. Beautiful fall colors.

Karen C. said...

Wonderful colourful fall cards. the flourishes behind the trees are a great accent.

Teresa said...

Your trees are awsome and I love the flourish in the background. I bet you can't wait to send your cards. I love putting my in the mailbox.

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful!!! What a fantastic looking tree!