1. It's been a good week. Well, except for the fact that I caught a cold. That hasn't been great. But Cold F/X and Tylenol Cold have been helping quite a bit.
2. This is the second year that Jonah has been singing in the voluntary choir at school. He has such a sweet voice-- I love listening to him sing! This week, his choir sang at ChoralFest in Winnipeg. I wanted to volunteer to go along, but they had enough volunteers. And even though Cameron drove the school bus for the choir, Jonah still wanted me to come. So, my friend, Susan, and I drove to Wpg to watch him sing-- the way his face lit up when he saw me was fabulous! It definitely made the trip in worth it! (& listening to the choir sing, too, of course! Oh, and going out for lunch with Susan and doing a little shopping-- that was good, too. ;) )
3. Austin is testing for his poom (junior black) belt tomorrow! I'm so excited and nervous for him! I think I'm more nervous for him than I was at my test in May! LOL! And is Austin nervous? Well, he says he is, but he still seems pretty cool about the whole thing.... maybe it'll sink in when we get there! Regardless, I'm super proud of him and the hard work and commitment he's shown to get here.
4. Amber Ink is sponsoring this week's challenge at Totally Papercrafts, a U.K. challenge site. This week's challenge is Black & White.
So, I made this card (to which I couldn't resist adding a little red):
For this card, I used Amber Ink patterned ipaper & digital stamp, Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white), stamps (bb:newsprint, postmarks), and dies (double-ended banner builder, wonderful words).
5. And I had so much fun making the black and white card, that I decided to make a second one. I also combined this with a friendly challenge--- at my fundraising Crop for the Congo, my friend, Marlo, handed me some of her scraps and said: "Here, make a card with these." So, here you go, Marlo...
For this card, I used Amber Ink patterned ipaper, Echo Park patterned paper (Marlo's scraps), Papertrey Ink cardstock (true black, rustic white), stamp (Think Big Favourites #3), and die (tag sale #5).
Thanks for looking!