Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Passing the torch

Well, my month as torchbearer for Amber Ink has come to an end and I'm excited to pass the torch onto Ashley Nguyen Newell, a very talented papercrafter who designs beautiful cards!

I also wanted to share a card that I made for my friend, Kathy, who's celebrating a birthday today, which fits perfectly with Bethie J.'s Papertrey Princess challenge, to make a birthday card. I also incorporated this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: ribbon pleating.


I used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white), stamps (think big favourites #7), button, twine and die (mat stack #5). The green cardstock is SU!, the ribbon & fabric are from Walmart.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Marybeth said...

Beautiful , is that cloth for the background? Love the bright colors.

Deb said...

This is a great card. Love the pleating!!!

Pam said...

Thanks for such a fantastic job Leigh. You are Amber Ink Alumni now Whoo Hoo!!!

Joyce said...

Wow--I love how you have covered your entire card front in fabric. It looks so cool. And, your pleated ribbon is so---pleated! I'm impressed. I am posting one for tomorrow, and it came out more scrunched than anything. I'm sure your friend will love her card.

Suzie said...

I love your card! Beautiful job with the pleated ribbon. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Great job! love that fabric. It definitely makes the card.

Nasir said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mayol said...

Great card! Love the bright & cheery colors!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card Leigh, your pleating is just perfect.

Suzanne Russell said...

The tropical color combo is a breath of fresh air in this fall/winter transition! Beautifully done ribbon, too!