Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to all of my friends who've offered me their condolences on the passing of my father-in-law this week. Your love and support is very much felt and appreciated!

Our church has been supportive, too, with friends bringing flowers and food (always a great combination!) I wanted to thank our pastor and his wife for dropping off some soup and cinnamon buns for us, so I made them this card using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Layered Background with Sentiment Stamps.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (soft stone, new leaf), stamps & dies (wonderful words) and Crate patterned paper.

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear. My condolences to you, Cam, and the kids.

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful design for a thank you card. I am thinking I should get Wonderful Words stamps. The scale really is great with that die.

Julie said...

Lovely card for the circumstances.
I think the design is just right! Great card.

Kathy Mc said...

Leigh, love the clean and simple look of this thank you card. So sorry to learn of your father-in-law's passing. My deepest sympathy to all of you!

Jill Norwood said...

My condolences to you and your family at this difficult time. It is so hard to lose someone we love and even more difficult with the Holidays here. God bless you all. Lovely thank you note too!

Elena said...

i'm so sorry for your loss... i hadn't read about it before... The card is beautiful - very elegant.

xoxo... t said...

I'm very sorry to hear about this, Leigh. Sending you prayers, peace and lots of hugs this morning.

carol (krillsister) said...

Leigh,
So sorry to hear about your loss. The card you made is perfect for the occassion. Simple, but elegant.

Joy said...

Oh Leigh, I am so very sorry to hear of this sad news, I have you all in my thoughts....

I adore your card, it is so strikingly beautiful...hugs

Tammy said...

Leigh, I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. What comfort to know you have so many to support you during this time. Such a beautiful card you have made for your pastor, clean and simple!

Suzie said...

Sorry about your loss...thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Love the card your made. Simple, yet beautiful!

Suzanne said...

Leigh, I am so sorry to hear the sad news. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Jen Adcock said...

Hugs. I am sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

Beautiful card. The colors are so so lovely.

cards by cara said...

Sending you hugs ... :) to you and your family ....

Pam said...

Our prayers are with you and yours Leigh. A beautiful and heartfelt card.