Friday, November 11, 2011

Five for Friday

1. We had another four day week here, as today is Remembrance Day. I actually had a three day week because I didn't get called it yesterday, which was a nice day to catch up on things around the house and with friends.

2. We found out on Wednesday evening that our taekwondo instructor has decided that Austin is ready to test for his poom (junior black) belt next Saturday! I'm excited and nervous for him, as well as really proud!

3. In other taekwondo related news, I'm attending a referreeing seminar in Winnipeg to get my provincial certification. I'm kind of nervous about this, but excited to learn something new!

4. I made a card using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Reverse Applique. As I love sewing on my cards and layouts, this wasn't a difficult challenge!


I used PTI cardstock (simply chartreuse, rustic white and scarlet jewel), stamps (postmarks, holiday lights, love lives here: holidays, big & bold wishes) and dies (postmarks).

5. And then, because I couldn't bear to let some perfectly good diecuts go to waste, I made another card:


I used PTI cardstock (simply chartreuse, rustic white and scarlet jewel), stamps (postmarks, Fillable Frames #9, big & bold wishes) and dies (postmarks).

Have a great weekend!
Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Elena said...

beautiful cards! I love the second one, especially - lovely!

Karen C. said...

What a great combination of cards, Leigh. It's a great idea to use up the 'leftovers' and both of your cards are so creative. I really like how you've used the little stamps from differenct Christmas sets to add to the postage stamp. Super!!

Joyce said...

Two great cards. I love using leftovers, too! You did a great job combining stamp sets. Congratulations on all the wonderful TK news, too.

glorygirl said...

WOW!!! Loooove the colors on that first card!

Veronica Z said...

Such beautiful cards! I have a large pile of die cuts that I just can't throw away. hehe

carol (krillsister) said...

Two beautiful crds. You did an outstanding job with this MIM techniques.

Mad for Paper said...

Love these, they are both so striking.
TFS
Ang

Luanne said...

Awesome cards! Love the little postage cancellation stamp... :-)

Suzanne Russell said...

Brilliant combination of stamp sets! I love the way you see things! :)

Teresa said...

Both of your cards are wonderful but I really like the gren one, I'm partial to the stamp look.

Marybeth said...

Love them both! Congrats on the shout out! Beautiful!

Renee said...

They're both fabulous!
Love those stamps! :)
And how great to use the leftovers...
beautiful and "green"...
*giggle*