Sunday, February 26, 2012

An award & a card


In the past few weeks, I've been very kindly awarded a blog award from Kara, Crystal & Laurence. Thank you, my friends!

Liebster' is German for 'dearest'. The award is a 'share-the-love' arrangement, given to inspirational bloggers with less than 200 followers.

Here's the to-do list of any Liebster award recipient:

Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
Reveal your five blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
Copy and paste the award on your blog (see above).
Hope that those you award forward it to their favorite bloggers.

Here are my five nominees, in alphabetical order:
Deb
Denise
Joyce
Sherri
Tara

And before I go, here's a card I wanted to share...

I used PTI cardstock (rustic white, aqua mist, new leaf), stamps (iconic images, love & marriage, happy trails) & dies (limitless layers ovals). The patterned paper is Crate and the music note stamp (which I "kissed" the iconic image bird stamp) is Hero Arts.

I hope you're having a great Sunday!
I've been spending my afternoon making cards on my dining room table and tonight, Cameron & I will go play volleyball at our church.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Joyce said...

Thank you so much, Leigh. It is really an honor, and I so appreciate it. I adore your card. First of all, that filigree die looks like it is mirroring the pattern of the paper--beautiful. Also, I have been reading about the kissing technique, and I love how it looks on your bird.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

What a beautiful card! I especially love the bird. I'm so glad that I found your blog. :)

Mayol said...

Congratulations on your award! Very nice card, the green hues gives a fresh feeling.

carol (krillsister) said...

Congratulations on your award. Love the pattern paper on this card with the border. The bird is lovely with the kissed musical note. Very creative.

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you Leigh! So nice of you to nominate me!!! :) :)

Leah said...

Love this card, the fillagree border is amazing with that paper and I love the kissing on the bird. I need to ink up that set...that quote is one of my favs too. Congrats on your award:)

Kristin said...

Love the card and quote! Congrats on the award. :)

Sherri said...

Congrats on the Leibster Leigh! Thanks so much for nominating my humble little blog. I've off to check out the others you nominated and leave a little love :) Happy Monday.

paula said...

Beautiful card!

Luanne said...

Just so you know, you're one of my picks for his award too! I love coming and seeing what you've done with PTI. This beautiful card reminds me why, it's gorgeous! I sold my Happy Trails set, and I am so sorry. It's on my wish list again! Thank you Leigh!

cards by cara said...

Like your use of the kissing technique!! :) I just got nominated for the liebster award too and thought of you but you had already been awarded one! :)