Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Birthday, Marlo

Yesterday was my wonderful friend, Marlo's birthday. I took her to lunch and, because we share a love for scrapbooking, I gave her some new My Mind's Eye decorative brads & matching 6x6 paper pack.

I also gave her this card, that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Glitter buttons. (Isswear I'm getting addicted to this technique!)


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white), stamps (think big favourites #12, stitches & swirls) & buttons. The strip of patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket. I was inspired by this card by Betsy Veldman (just scroll down a little.)

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Deb said...

Love this card! CAS perfection!

After this week's MIM, you'll be a glitter addict like me!

Unknown said...

so simple and pretty!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

This is such a lovely card! Love the colors and stamps you selected and the layout works beautifully!

Elena said...

Very nice, Leigh!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! I am really tempted to get the Stiches and Swirl stamps!

LEG Studios said...

This is a stunning card, Leigh!

Rhonda said...

Love the design coming from the top. Nicely done Leigh.

Marlo said...

Thank you for a lovely lunch and a beautiful card and gift. And yes, I too will be buying this set thanks to you.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This layout is so striking! The button elements are a great embellishment!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Sleek and stunning.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

carol (krillsister) said...

Great card.Simple but striking. You make me want to get the stitches &swirls stamp set.

Joyce said...

Love that stitches and swirls set. It looks really nice in pink with the grey.

Mayol said...

Beautiful! i love the color combination you used. Love the buttons...are those smokey shadow? They're very nice! Thanks for the inspiration!