Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pages with Papertrey -- Challenge #6

Today, I'm posting the Pages With Papertrey Challenge for February, which is to use your PTI stamps to create your own patterned paper, like I did here in my layout...

I used American Crafts cardstock (12x12) and Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, hawaiian shores, harvest gold, pure poppy) stamps (Journaling Lines, Tag it's #6) & dies (two triangles, alphabet block). The red-polkadot patterned paper is My Mind's Eye, which I cut with my star punch.

To create my journaling strip, I printed out my journaling on white cardstock (after figuring out the spacing in Word that would work best) and then I stamped the Journaling Lines stamp in Hawaiian Shores.


Another idea I wanted to share.... I did some recycling on this page! The banner across the top of the page was orginally made for the cake we enjoyed at our back to school feast. I saved it to adhere to my layout.


If you play along with this month's Pages With Papertrey Challenge, I'd love to see it! Please post a link either in this thread or in my comments.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Great layout; so colorful. Just love the banner with the stitching. You did an awesome job with the journaling. LIke how you recycled the banner.

Mayol said...

Wonderful layout, Leigh! I love the colors. Great idea recycling the banners - actual memento of the feast on your page.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE this LO! So fun!

Joyce said...

Just wonderful. Your commitment to scrapping and the books you are creating for your family continues to amaze me.

Elena said...

Oh my goodness! I love how you matched your banner to the decor in the pictures! Very fun lo!

glorygirl said...

So bright and fun! Love it!

Deb said...

This is a fun challenge! Love how you were able to recycle your banner. And of course, I love the bright colors! Gotta start making plans for my lo.

Denise said...

This is wonderful, Leigh! I'm always so inspired by your layouts! Im crossing my fingers for a little photo printer for my upcoming birthday - it will make it easier for me to play along and get me going with scrapbooking. HUGS.

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a beautiful layout Leigh, I can't see where to follow your blog, I don't want to forget to keep checking to see what you are up to with those gorgeous scrapbook pages.

Leah said...

Lovely page, the banner is so much fun! Great challenge...off to play:)

Brianna B said...

Hope to really play along here! Love your banner!