Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A couple of challenges

Happy Leap Day!

I had a prof in University who got married today, 20 years ago. So, I guess today he's celebrating his 5th annivesary. ;) (He'd actually told us that was why they picked the date.... so he'd only have to buy her a gift every four years! LOL!)

Anyway, today I want to share a card that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: creating large frames with smaller frame stamps, as well as the latest Papertrey Princess challenge posted by Diane, who challenged us to create a card with a Hawaiian feel.

This is for Sage's teacher, Mme Schofield, who came out of retirement to fill in since the starting of the school year, while Mme. Vigier was on her mat leave. Now Mme. Vigier is back and I wanted to let Mme. Schofield know how much we appreciated her and how much Sage enjoyed having her for her teacher.

To create my larger frame, I used Fillable Frames #8, which I stamped twice.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (canyon clay, rustic white), stamps (Fillable Frames #8, Happy Day, Think Big Favourites #3), buttons & dies (Happy Day.) The patterned paper is Crate Paper.

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Mayol said...

Great card, Leigh! Love how the inks & buttons you used match the colors on the patterned paper. My favorite part is the twine wrapped around the panel.

Kay D said...

Hi Leigh, I've left an award for you on my blog-
http://willtradesleepforstamps.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award.html

Have a beautiful day!

Leah said...

Wonderful! Love the fun colors and the extented frame and the buttons are the perfect finishing touch.

Kara said...

great job with the challenge!! love that patterned paper!

Jen Adcock said...

Just beautiful! Great job with the two challenges. You rocked them actually. Love the stretched frame and those buttons nestled alongside are the best. Very sweet.

Deb said...

Love the pp and how you used your MIM. Your twine wrap around is perfect!

Mara Campbell said...

Your card is so bright and fun! I love the buttons and twine!

And my brother got married on leap year day, 12 years ago. He's celebrating his 3rd anniversary today, Ha ha!

Denise said...

So bright! I love the turquoise and orange together. You are doing an AMAZING job with this week's MIM... congrats on the shout! ;)

Also, thank you so much for blessing me with the blog award. I appreciate the encouragement and look forward to passing it along soon. HUGS.

Sherrie M. said...

Love this card...so bright and happy. You make me really want to learn how to sew

Joyce said...

That fillable frame happy day die look so great together. And, your card definitely has a Hawaiian feel to it.

LEG Studios said...

Love the colors of this card - so uplifting! Beautiful details with the stitching, buttons, and twine too ... perfect!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love this one too, Leigh! I'm taken with the Merci in the oval frame-I like the way it overlaps just a little. Very care-free and fun card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Another great card.

Cassi said...

love your use of fillable frames + happy day, a super cute card!