Saturday, February 18, 2012

Make It Monday #53 -- attempt #1


This week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink is to use the PTI coasters in a creative way. I've actually never purchased coasters, but my friend, Mandy, gave me a couple to try several months ago. So I found one in my stash and was able to use it for two cards. Here is the first one I made, where I diecut my coaster, stamped the sentiment, ran it through my diecutting machine with my woodgrain impression plate and then added a little soft stone ink with my tim holtz distresser:

I used PTI coaster, cardstock (canyon clay), stamps (wonderful words additions) & dies (double-ended banner die, alphabet block). I also used My Mind's Eye patterned paper & decorative brads, as well as their latest sketch on the MME blog.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Caren B said...

Really like this one Leigh, love the colors.

Joyce said...

Super card, Leigh. Somehow, I think you are just getting started....

Debbie Gaydos said...

So so cute, Leigh! Soft and pretty, and I love this color combo!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great card. Love the pattern papers with the stitching. Those brads are so great.Give some nice dimension.

Deb said...

Beautiful, beautiful card, Leigh! Love the colors, stitching...

Terri said...

Great card! Love all the different elements.

Luanne said...

Super card! Love the brad placements. I'll nned to go dig out some unused ones now... Thanks for your inspiration!

sentsue said...

Very nice. Love the die cut letters.

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful, Leigh ~ very well done!

nancy said...

The colors you used are fabulous together. Great take on the sketch.