Monday, February 20, 2012

Blue belts

On Friday, February 3rd, Sage & Jonah tested for their blue belts. They both did really well! Last Monday, they received their promotions-- I'm so proud of how well they're doing!


When I gave Sage her 18" doll for Christmas, I'd mentionned how there was a taekwondo outfit that you could buy for her, but I thought that maybe I could make one instead.... So I found a pattern for some pyjamas and a robe and decided to modify that instead... Easier said than done, though! I must be too used to sewing on paper, because sewing that little outfit was a challenge! LOL! Shortly afterwards, I called my mom to thank her for all the doll/Barbie clothes she sewed for me when I was little! Here are Sage & Alex (her doll) posing in their blue belts:


And while I'm sharing some taekwondo pictures, I thought I'd share the layout I made today, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Glitter buttons. At first, Ashley suggested that we use spray adhesive & glitter (of which I have none and the stores are closed today), but then she showed how she added some glitter to her buttons using stickles. I had purchased some Dazzling Details from SU! before Christmas, so I added some of that to my buttons.



I used PTI cardstock (rustic white), buttons, twine, stamps & dies (tiny tags II). I also used Crate Paper patterned paper, a My Mind's Eye decorative brad & Sassafras (grey) & Jillibean (red) alphabet stickers.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Your kids are too cute! I love seeing children active and achieving things. Way to go! Your layout is so great! The buttons add the perfect embellishments. I'm glad you found something in your supplies to make it work! ;)

carol (krillsister) said...

Nice layout. Good job with the buttons. Congratulations to your children for achieving their blue belts.
Love the outfit you sewed for the doll. It looks great!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Her doll belt is too cute! I love little girls being little girls.
Great page!

Joyce said...

Congrats on this achievement--great layout and sweet doll costume.

Elena said...

You did great with sewing her doll's outfit! Love the lo - the glittery buttons add a special touch.

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

Congrats on the blue belts! How exciting :) That doll is really neat, too!
Your layout is great and the buttons work perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Sage and Jonah! What an accomplishment!

Marybeth said...

Great Layout , beautiful doll outfit great job on that! Congrats to the kids who are just adorable!

Jen Adcock said...

Way to go momma! Sage and her kick butt dolly are too cute! Such a wonderful post. Fab layout too. You really are an extraordinary crafter.

Tracey McNeely said...

Amazing layout and a huge congratulations to your daughter and her 'American Girl'. Sadly our American's Girls now live in a plastic bin in her closet. :(

missy said...

Lovely layout and your kids are too cute!

Luanne said...

Well you did a superb job on the sewing ~ for the doll and the layout! :-) Sweet children too. TFS!