Friday, February 24, 2012

Five for Friday

1. What a great week! We had Monday off for Louis Riel Day, early dismissal on Wednesday and today off for professional development. I love it!

2. Well, I'm currenly on Day 55 of no-sugar, no-deep-fried-foods. :)

3. With Lent starting this week, I put some thought into what I could "give up" this year...

Sugar? Already did.
Deep fried foods? Already did.
TV? I only watch a few shows a week, so this didn't seem like a good fit.
Scrapbooking? This was Cameron's suggestion, to which I replied: "No." (I've found with going back to work that I really need my crafting time to keep me sane and happy.)
Buying scrapbooking supplies? I actually did this a few years ago and it was okay, but not something I wanted to do again this year... ;)
Eating after supper? We have a winner! It will be a little challenging (I've gotten used to making popcorn with Cool Ranch seasoning while I want the Mentalist on Thursday evenings) but Jonah said he'd do it with me, which was nice. :)

4.  I saw this on Facebook the other day and it totally made me laugh!



5. I wanted to share another layout that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Glitter buttons.

I used Bazzill cardstock (kraft), Echo Park patterned paper, Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, pure poppy), stamps (leaf prints), button & dies (tag sale #5, alphabet block uppercase).

This layout has an interactive element.... you can untie the baker's twine and open up the little folder I made to reveal some more photos from the day and my journaling.


And here's a close-up of my glittered button on the banner "flag" I made:


Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Sherrie M. said...

Love all the different elements you used to make this great layout. What a nice surprise to find hidden pics and journaling.

Deb said...

Wow, wow, wow! That is so clever that your interactive element on your page not only contains journaling, but more photos!!! I am in awe! Simply amazing! And your banner is fabulous! Love it!

Unknown said...

Love your layout and especially the interactive piece! Great job! Excellent job with no sugar and fried foods....I bet you feel great! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on no sugar or deep fried foods! That is an accomplishment for sure. I laughed at the Rock, Paper, Scissors thing :D
Great LO!

nancy said...

I absolutely love how you depicted the Canadian flag with banners. That is brilliant.

Cheryl said...

Love that rock, paper, scissors quote. Your Canadian flag banner is brilliant!

Renee said...

Love the Rock, Paper, Scissors...
but they forgot lizard, Spock...
*giggle*
And LOVE what you did with the banners!
Such a beautiful page...
vivid and bright...
gorgeous!

carol (krillsister) said...

Fantastic layout. Love the interactive piece. that banner is awesome.

Joyce said...

Super post. Glad to see you had such a great week. I love how you did that scrapbook page.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Love your post. I adore that little message about rock-paper-scissors.

Kara said...

great!! just played rock paper scissors with the kids at school today:) funny!

Kara said...

oh, and I have a little award for you on my blog;)

pamela said...

Oh wow I love the card! I think for this year, I'm going to learn how to use that sewing machine!

Steph Zerbe said...

I am chuckling at the rock paper scissors subway print. Too funny. Thanks!

Rhonda said...

Love the hidden journaling Leigh. Good luck with your goals.

Mayol said...

That rock-paper-scissors quotemis so funny!
Great layout! Love the flap- wonderful idea to put in more photos & journalling.