Friday, May 01, 2015

Bazzill Basics National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop

Happy (Inter)National Scrapbook Weekend! 



The Bazzill Basics Design Team is excited to celebrate with you! 
Today we want to share some inspiration to help kick off your weekend creativity! 

It was exactly 12 years ago today that I started scrapbooking and I still love it!
I remember that Jonah was nine months old at the time and Austin was almost four.
A friend of mine was selling Creative Memories and I hosted a beginner's party.
And that was it -- I was hooked!

I love so many things about this hobby:
creating beautiful layouts, preserving memories, 
playing with patterned paper, cardstock, embellishments, stamps, diecuts, etc.
I also love the scrapbooking community and the friends that I've made through
 paper crafting -- both in real life and online.
It's all just so very good!

So, in honour of NSD, I created a layout of one of my favourite people: my daughter, Sage,
using some Crate Paper patterned paper and dies.

Bazzill Basics National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop Leigh Penner @bazzillbasics #bazzillbasics #scrapbooking

I was quite thrilled to discover this fabulous Maggie Holmes dies at my LSS the last time I stopped in!
Aren't they gorgeous?

For my layout, I started with some Classics: White cardstock as my base.
I love that it's smooth and that if I wanted to stamp, I would have the perfect surface for it.
Then, to build my flowers, I started with the Card Shoppe: Pale Rose cardstock as my bottom layer.
For my leaves, I used Smoothies: Citron.

Bazzill Basics National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop Leigh Penner @bazzillbasics #bazzillbasics #scrapbooking

I layered my photo onto a piece of Crate Paper Confetti patterned paper.
I diecut my Heidi Swapp diecut from some Classics: White cardstock, which diecuts so beautifully, 
and typed out my journaling/subtitle on my typewriter.

Next on the hop is the super talented Kim Jeffress, so be prepared to be inspired!
If you'd like to start at the beginning of the hop, you can go to the Bazzill Basics Blog to do so.


Also, make sure to also enter our National Scrapbook Weekend Facebook Giveaway
Feel free to share your projects on our Facebook Page or 
to Instagram tagging us @bazzillbasicspaper #bazzillbasics 

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful! Haven't tried anything other than card making, but I expect it's not much of a hop to scrap booking! Bazzill was the first paper I bought when I started paper crafting back in November. I still love it and am grateful to find a good supplier here in the UK. Xx

Audrey Pettit said...

ohmyword, this is stunning! I do love those flowers and the crisp white background is SO beautiful! Love the little bit of polka dotted paper you added, too, and the b&w photo is fabulous.

Diana K said...

Unfortunately, Leigh, I don't think that anyone enables me as much as you do! Amazing layout and Sage photo. Those dies will be on their way to me shortly.

Ruth G said...

Lovely layout! I love Bazzill's basic white, too. It is so smooth and sturdy and the best base ever for all kinds of things!
The flowers are so pretty and perfect with your photo!

Thanks so much for sharing and celebrating something that I love dearly - scrapbooking!

LauraEva said...

wow--what a beautiful layout! love it!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I got those dies and I just haven't had a chance to use them yet but they are so beautiful!

Megan Carroll said...

Happy Scrapbooking anniversary Leigh! Your layout is gorgeous. I'm so happy you share your inspiration here on our blog....you were a big inspiration for me to begin card making!!

Sue Smith said...

Lovely layout

Isbaha said...

Your layout is absolutely gorgeous!

Anna Sigga said...

Beautiful layout - love the flowers, these does look like a must have!

Kim said...

Leigh this is just exquisite !

cm said...

As the others before me have noted: a most beautiful layout, not only because of the elements you've selected and arranged, but because of the photo you've chosen that guided all your other choices! Love seeing your gorgeous daughter's photo surrounded by pretty flowers and this heart-felt sentiment. You have each other...imagine all the possibilities yet to unfold...
~c