Sunday, May 17, 2015

Muse Challenge #117

This afternoon, I made a card for the current Muse Challenge,
which is a card that was made by my talented friend, Michele Ferguson:


I was inspired by the three decorated squares across the card,
as well as the colours Michele used.
Here's my card:

Muse Challenge 117 Leigh Penner @leigh148 @bazzillbasics #bazzillbasics #cards

As soon as I saw Michele's card, I thought of my PTI Lovely Layers stamp set.
So I stamped the image from Lovely Layers three times across this 
and heat embossed it in gold.

For some reason, the images didn't want to heat emboss as clearly as usual
and some of the powder seemed to blow off and settled on my cardstock,
but it created a fine splattered effect, so I just decided to go with it. ;)

Muse Challenge 117 Leigh Penner @leigh148 @bazzillbasics #bazzillbasics #cards

I stamped my sentiment (from SSS's Congratulations stamp set)
in versafine onyx black in and added a few enamel dots to finish it off.
I matted my card on a piece of Bazzill Basics Classic White cardstock.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love your take on Michele's card Leigh, this is lovely!

Rahmat said...

What a gorgeous take on the Muse, it is perfect!

Alanna said...

What a great card design.

Karen M said...

Your card is gorgeous....love it! xx

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how it worked out with the powder, looks very cool!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, SO soft and gorgeous, Leigh! Such an elegant and timeless design, and love that color combo. I think the texture you got from the embossing is just fantastic!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh so glad I got an up close and personal view of your card, Leigh... your embossing looks perfectly planned and gorgeous on that pale pink! Such a wonderful thing on a Monday, to see you playing cards with little ol' me!! And, somehow, I can just hear Sage planning "the best day ever!"
=] Michele

Ardyth said...

That effect is very pretty! I love this 'lightened' version of Michele's Muse! So glad you joined us this week, Leigh!

cm said...

What a brilliant, eye-catching take on Michele's card! The colours, the images, the enamel dots...so lovely! The 'design innovation' of the powder mirroring splatters adds that little extra special touch!
~c