Thursday, May 21, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch #124

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #124 designed by Chirssy Larson:



Here's my card:


CAS(E) This Sketch 124 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards
Can you see it?
Do you see how the buildings form the word "hi"?
I'm really happy with how it turned out!

I started by using post-it notes to mask my word.
Then, starting from the bottom, I stamped the buildings from PTI's City Scene 
in PTI's soft stone & CTMH's slate.

CAS(E) This Sketch 124 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

Then, using more pot-it notes, I masked off the buildings I'd stamped and stamped more.
I continued this way until I reached the top.

CAS(E) This Sketch 124 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

And that sweet little kitty?

CAS(E) This Sketch 124 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

 He was just so perfect to perch on the cross bar of the "H"!
He's from Mama Elephant's Three Amigos stamp set.
I stamped him in Versafine onyx black and heat embossed him in clear.
Then, I pressed some summer sunrise ink onto an acrylic block, spritzed it with water
and used a paintbrush to paint him in.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, May 7th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

AWESOME, Leigh!

OH Babs said...

I love the card Leigh. Thank you for showing how you masked it is easier to see photos of the work in progress.

alexandra s.m. said...

Great take on the sketch which is not easy!
Thanks Leigh~

Miriam Prantner said...

Great idea! I love the soft colors in the background and that adorable critter!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so CLEVER, Leigh! I love how your card turned out, too!

Megan Carroll said...

Super creative Leigh! Love it!

I Card Everyone said...

I totally see it!! You are so right to count this among your favorites, Leigh... it's mine, too!
=] Michele

cm said...

I can see why this is a favourite: it's innovative and exponentially cute! Love the H-shaped buildings and the kitten amigo...well, he's just a charm! Super fantastic!
~c

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is SO creative!! What a cute cute way to interpret the sketch!! Love!!

Ruth said...

My word, this is fantastic! So much masking,so much patience, but so much worth it! I love those Three Amigos. Just awesome!!! Xx

Lynn said...

So clever! Love the subtle colors.

Celeste Goff said...

What a fabulously clever take on the sketch!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I see it and it's adorable!!

Jill Norwood said...

Wonderfully clever!!! I saw the "Hi" right away! Love your card so much!!

Pam said...

Awesome card!

Happy Dance said...

Great idea for the 'hi' part, and I saw it right away! That little amigo from ME is adorable too. Really fun card; love it! Bev

Neha said...

Absolutely brilliant design. Love the colors too.

Brandi said...

This is creative!!! Love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

omgosh, that HI is masked? Holy Cow, that is brilliant! What a fabulous card, Leigh!!

Diana K said...

This is such a fun one, Leigh, and done in very pretty colours. Cute!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, it's just so creative!!! Lovely card with adorable little kitty! :)

Unknown said...

An ingenious take on the sketch and that kitty is adorable. Karen x