Monday, May 11, 2015

Featured on CASEing Genious & the Bazzill Basics Blog

Hi there!
I'm super honoured to be featured
Kelly, of You and Your Big Dreams, does a feature on her blog called CASEing Genious
where she interviews fellow stampers and features a few of their cards.
Then, she CASEs them and shares her card.
It's very fun and I was quite thrilled to get an email from Kelly,
asking me to be featured!

So, I thought it would be fun to CASE one of Kelly's projects in return.

Kelly is amazing at colouring and her blog is delightful!
I ended up choosing this card of Kelly's to CASE:


Isn't it beautiful?
Kelly is so amazing at colouring!
I love the flowers and how she added the vellum to her card.

For my CASE, I decided to use my Altenew Painted Flowers stamp set.


I stamped the flowers on my panel of white cardstock in berry sorbet,
pure poppy, limeade ice and simply chartreuse.
I decided to heat emboss my sentiment in white along my strip of black cardstock.



I added a few PTI rainstones to finish it off.

So make sure you check out Kelly's blog to see her CASE of me.

Oh, and before you go, I have a couple of cards on the Bazzill Blog
today for a colour-blocking feature.
Here's one of them:


Click here to see what supplies I used and my second card.

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Especially I love the one with roses, so tender)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how fun! Congrats on your special feature, Leigh! I can't wait to go check out Kelly's post. I absolutely LOVE your take on her gorgeous card! What a cool design! Love her coloring and the vellum overlay, and LOVE your layered flowers and color combo, too! The embossed sentiment strip is so elegant. Really love the trio of clear dots you added, too!

Kelly Latevola said...

Oh my goodness! You! Thank you so much for your kind words and your CASE is stunning! I adore those flowers which I'm sure you saw when you saw my CASE of you. lol. You a truly beautiful inside and out. I'm so grateful to be able to share your talents on my blog xoxo.

Lisa Elton said...

How fun Leigh, congrats!! Kelly's card is beautiful and you did an amazing job with your CASE!! Pretty color blocked card too. Have a great day ;)

LauraJane:) said...

Super CASE of Kelly's card! Good to learn more about you in the interview:)

Shelly said...

Love your mini interview on Kelly's blog! ;) This is such a GORGEOUS CASE! Love!

Happy Dance said...

Kelly's card is lovely, and you've really paid tribute with your gorgeous CASE. Amazing roses, and am loving those rainstones. I'll pop over to Kelly's blog now...take good care! Bev

Monika/Buzsy said...

You've been busy! Love the case card. Those altanew flowers look wonderful. Great sketch too... the die-cut word looks great on the second... also like those tiny blooms with the black leaves. Nice designs Leigh.

Brandi said...

Oh congrats. Loved reading the article about you!

Anonymous said...

Yay Leigh!!! I love reading more about you and love your cards....always!!!

Monica said...

This card is right after my heart. I LOVE roses and what you have done to this makes it simply stunning. Thanks for the kind words on my post and now I am a follower. I would love you to follow me too. ;)
Happy crafting,
Monica

Kay Miller said...

Wow! Your CASE of Kelly's card is stunning! Your Bazzill card is beautiful too!

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous CASE!!! The vellum is such a fun touch. I love the rich color on your flowers!!!

Deepti said...

Lovely cards! I am heading right over to Kelly's blog to know you better :D

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! You are rocking with these fabulous cards. I LOVE your CASE.

Unknown said...

Great cards Leigh, and i love your CASE of Kelly's card as well! Your cards are so well executed and put together beautifully, you have a beautiful eye for design!

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful cards Leigh!

cm said...

How did I wind up 10 days behind! Eeek! Your interview over at Kelly's place was awesome, Leigh! So marvelous to have yet another glimpse of your amazing talent and your pure-delight personality! Your case of Kelly's card...swooning! And that says a lot, because swoons are typically reserved for butterfly cards! Can't resist with this floral gem of yours...swooning, crushing over, smitten by. Guess it's love!
~c000