Friday, May 01, 2015

Five for Friday

1. Happy National Scrapbook Day!
This is my second post for today, as I'm playing along with 
Bazzill Basics' National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop.
Click here to see what I created for it.


2. Sage & I had a bit of a girl's weekend last weekend.
We drove to Winnipeg Friday evening and met my mom for supper.
Then we hit Old Navy and the mall to do some shopping.
We slept over at my mom's and on Saturday, we competed & volunteered
at our Premier Club Championships.



We both competed in patterns.
I got a gold medal and Sage got a bronze.
I judged patterns and did some refereeing for sparring.
Sage volunteered as a runner and did some corner judging for sparring as well.

After the tournament, we went to see Cinderella in the theatre.
(This is a secret though, so don't tell my boys! Shh!)



After supper at the food court, we stopped at Winner's on our way home.
It was really nice to spend some one on one time together!


3. Jonah made it safe and sound back from Banff.
I picked him up at 12:30am Monday morning.
He took lots of pictures at the Calgary Zoo and tons more of the mountains!


4.  We're going to go and see Austin tonight in his high school musical:
Annie Get Your Gun.
He plays Tommy.
It opened on Wednesday & I can't wait to see it!


5. I have a card to share for Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try #24: 



For my card, I was inspired by this image that I found on Pinterest
to created some watercolored popsicles.
Isn't it pretty?
I decided to use the smooshing technique with PTI's raspberry fizz & 
Wplus9's sweet gelato inks and diecut my cardstock using 

Here's my card:

Five for Friday Leigh Penner @reverseconfetti #reverseconfetti #sfytt #cards

I smooshed my ink onto two pieces of cardstock.
I diecut my popsicles from the one (using Let's Chill Confetti Cuts)
and stamped my sentiment (from Sweet Thing) in black on the other.

Five for Friday Leigh Penner @reverseconfetti #reverseconfetti #sfytt #cards

The patterned paper I used is from Becky Higgins Project Life Southern Weddings.

Five for Friday Leigh Penner @reverseconfetti #reverseconfetti #sfytt #cards

I layered the popsicles over a piece of vellum that I diecut using the


  
  


Be sure to head on over to the Reverse Confetti blog to see
the other designers' takes on the sketch and to play along, if you'd like.


Oh, and before I go...


Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great update! You guys are really busy! I love your smooched popsicles, yum!

Audrey Pettit said...

LOVE your Friday posts! Sounds like you all had a wonderful week! Your girls weekend out sounds like just the best time ever! And sounds like the boys had an amazing week, too. I know you are all going to enjoy the play tonight!
LOVE your adorable card! The smooshing technique on the popsicles looks uh-mazing!

Megan Carroll said...

Sounds like you and Sage had a great weekend! Your card looks pretty and fresh!

Kelly Latevola said...

This is so sweet and it sounds like so was your lovely mother daughter weekend. :)

I Card Everyone said...

Girl's weekends rock... yours with Sage looks perfect! How was the movie? LOve the popsicles!
=] Michele

Kay Miller said...

Oh what a fun weekend with your girl! My daughter and I love having "girl's days". Love your card! The smooshing is wonderful on the popsicles!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a cool event to be with your daughter! :) Sweet card Leigh. Love the yummy pink water color on the pops and the background.

cm said...

You Fabulous Friday posts are such highlights! Your girls' weekend sounds amazing and, like Michele, I want to know how the movie was. Perhaps something to take my niece to - just the two of us. Applauding your award accomplishments! Jonah home safe, sound and having had fun: excellent news. Looking forward to your review of Austin's play; I'm predicting two thumbs up! You card: sweet! I haven't had a popsicle in ages...may have to do a quick grocery shop on the way home...
~c

ScrapaDiddle said...

Sweet Popsicle card! Sounds like a fun weekend! Great release, can't wait to see more!