Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fusion: French Twist


Last week, my best friend asked me to make a couple of Mother's Day cards for her.
I shared one of them here.
For the second one, I used the latest Fusion Challenge: French Twist:



When I started making my card, I was planning on following the sketch,
but a few challenges with lining up the Altenew Vintage Flowers stamp set
had me change my plans.

Here's my card:


I stamped my Altenew Vintage Flowers in lemon tart, harvest gold, summer sunrise
and onyx black onto a piece of American Craft patterned paper.
Then, I diecut it (as well as some smokey shadow cardstock)
using PTI's Shaker Shapes: Squares die.
I layered these together and stamped my sentiment
(from Wplus9's Mother's Day Bouquet.)

I'm also linking this card up to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Cindy C. said...

It turned out beautifully Leigh!

Ashwini Rao said...

Beautiful! Love that simplicity and elegance those roses bring out - and love the color combo too - you've used it so well! :)

merryf said...

this is lovely! I love how you layered them over that text paper.

LauraJane:) said...

Looks so pretty with the black outline on the vintage roses! I must remember that:)

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love, love, love the soft script. So happy to see you playing with us at Fusion Leigh.

Lisa Elton said...

GORGEOUS card Leigh ~ swoon!!

I Card Everyone said...

Your friend's Mom is one lucky lady, Leigh! Gorgeous!
=] Michele

Pam said...

Gorgeous! Love the color combo.

Nora Noll said...

How pretty is this!! Love the vintage roses and the writing in the background. Such a lovely take on the Fusion challenge!!

Happy Dance said...

Wonderful card, Leigh! Love these pretty roses in all their glorious yellows stamped on the 'handwritten' dp. And the die cut was a great idea. Just beautiful! Love this!! Bev

victoria h said...

Beautiful

Audrey Pettit said...

This is stunning! Love this color combo and love it paired with the crisp white layered card base. Love your idea of die cutting the frame and keeping both pieces intact. Adds so much character and charm. And seriously love the text print, too. So pretty!

Lyndal said...

LOVE the overstamped script Leigh - gorgeous! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Leigh! Love the stamped image on the die cut! It looks amazing with the bit of dark paper peeking around the sides!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is SO pretty Leigh! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FUSION.

Deanne :)

cm said...

Oh my...you're causing a swoon-repeat! Your flowers, the background script panel, the layout...visual harmony! Innovative, inspired and inspiring!
~c00000000000000000

cm said...

I'm back...don't know what's up with all the 0000s that appeared! Darn keyboard!
~c