Sunday, May 03, 2015

The Card Concept #34

Today, I have a card to share that I made for the current


We had a garage sale yesterday and in preparation for it,
I went through all of my crafting supplies and got rid of a lot of patterned paper
 and embellishments that I wasn't using.

In doing so, however, I came across some scraps of My Mind's Eye
patterned paper that I thought would be perfect for this challenge.

I thought I'd try for a Clean & Simple card, but once it was done,
I felt I needed to add a few more details, which brought me
back to my usual style: Clean & Layered.

Here's my card:


I diecut the striped patterned paper using my PTI Sentiment Split die.
I stamped my sentiment (from Wplus9's Mother's Day Bouquet stamp set)
in Ocean Tides.


Instead of leaving it at that, I fussy cut a couple of flowers from some leftover
patterned paper and adhered those, along with some PTI buttons to my card.

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so pretty, Leigh! Perfect take on the inspiration photo! Thank you for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

Betty said...

beautiful card Leigh - those little extras just make the very special - love it

Megan Carroll said...

Pretty card Leigh! I wish I could have been at your garage sale, I'm sure I would have found some goodies!!

Brandi said...

Amazing patterns!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the added buttons:) Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

Ruth said...

So lovely. I love the use of buttons. Xx

Heather Hopson said...

Very beautiful! I love what you have done with the flowers.

Pam said...

Lovely card, Leigh. The addition of the buttons is perfect.

I Card Everyone said...

You mean your style which is clean and gorgeous!!
=] M

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card Leigh! I like the little cluster of buttons!

Kim Heggins said...

What a beautiful and sweet Mother's Day!

Lesley said...

beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

The curvy border on here is so pretty, Leigh, and I love the feminine florals! Such a soft and fabulous look for Mother's Day! I really love the fussy cut flowers and button trio you added!

Vikki H said...

love your pattern mix and the buttons are the icing on the cake~

Joyce said...

Gorgeous mother's day card, Leigh.

cm said...

Glad you salvaged the paper before someone else welcomed it into their collection! An absolutely gorgeous card...
~c

maria f. said...

Ha - I think I have that PP and it's perfect for this inspiration photo! Love the buttons too. Happy to see you in the Card Concept gallery, Leigh.

Kerin said...

This is so pretty, and the buttons are a great touch! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)