Monday, May 18, 2015

Sketchbook: Sketch 2

and, this weekend, I made a layout and a card using the sketch.
I'm not allowed to post the sketch here on my blog,
but here are my projects.

Here's the layout I made for Sketch 2:

Sketchbook: Sketch 2 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #scrapbookinglayouts @bazzillbasics #bazzillbasics

I used some Crate Paper (pink stripes) & October Afternoon (blue bokeh)
patterned paper, as well as a We R Memory Keepers journaling card.
I used some Fancy Pants alphabet stickers for the title.
This was all adhered to a piece of 12x12 Bazzill Basics Classic White cardstock.

Sketchbook: Sketch 2 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #scrapbookinglayouts @bazzillbasics #bazzillbasics

I had fun stamping my own embellishments using PTI's Simply Framed stamp set

Sketchbook: Sketch 2 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #scrapbookinglayouts @bazzillbasics #bazzillbasics

Sketchbook: Sketch 2 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #scrapbookinglayouts @bazzillbasics #bazzillbasics

For this last embellishment, I created a piece of cardstock that can be pulled out
to reveal the journaling.

Sketchbook: Sketch 2 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #scrapbookinglayouts @bazzillbasics #bazzillbasics

I decided to use the PTI Wee One MIM Mini kit to make my card:

Sketchbook: Sketch 2 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

I diecut the bird and deer from patterned paper that came in the kit.
I stamped the frame and sentiment and added an aqua mist button
with button twine to finish it off.

I'm also linking up this layout and card to this week's


Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Aww, what a fun, fun layout and card, Leigh! I really love the soft pastel color combo on both, and love the layers of crisp white. The big chalkboard journaling card and matching dark letters are a really great contrast on the layout. Loving your little pull out journaling card and stamped embellishments, too. And what a sweet, sweet card. Loving those little woodland friends!

Darnell said...

You did such a great job showing how much fun the "best day ever" truly was, Leigh! Everyone who sees it will wish they had been there! And your card is the picture of sweetness!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

What a great layout! So soft and just darling! Your card is sooooo sweet!

Kay Miller said...

Oh wow!! Your layout is stunning Leigh! That picture at the bottom with everyone is SO cute! Your card is super sweet too!

Kara said...

Always love seeing your pretty pages!

Diana K said...

Such fun projects. Love that priceless photo!

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous and fun page...sweet photos too..awesome card, luv it! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

cm said...

The fun of the day is certainly reflected in the layout you've created! Love it! And your baby card is precious! Sweetness, +++
~c