Friday, May 15, 2015

Five for Friday

1. Our events from last Saturday went well:

Jonah & Sage did really well at their 2nd Poom belt test.
Normally, the people testing for black belts get called up a few
times during the test, but Jonah & Sage's group only got called up once.
Our instructor said that the masters must have seen all
they needed to see & felt that their group was well prepared.


Here are Sage & Jonah, along with Jonah's best friend, Josh.
They all train together and it was great to see them test (& pass) together, too!


Austin's party was a success.
He'd invited three friends over for pizza and then we went
to see Avengers Age of Ultron in the theatre, which was very good.



2. Last night, we went to see the Grade 5 musical: The Trial of the Big Bad Wolf.
It's was fabulous!
Sage had a great role -- she played Weasel Too, one of the Big Bad Wolf's attorneys.


Doesn't she look adorable?
Her character got to say lots of big words -- that's what drew Sage to the part!



And she also got to sing and dance!


She's been so excited about this part -- I've been getting updates every day
on the rehearsals, songs, dance numbers, etc, that I think she's disappointed that it's all over now.


3. An update in my healthy eating plan:
It's been over 4 weeks and so far, I've lost 6 pounds!
What has really helped me:  I got a new accountability partner.
After our shopping trip and a little frustration finding clothes that fit her well,
Sage decided that she too would cut out sugar, deep-fried foods and snacking after supper.
She has done so well! Together, we've lost 13 lbs.
and I can tell how much better she's feeling about herself!


4. I made a card for the last Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Travel On:


I was a little off on the dates (I thought I had another week before the deadline!),
so while I didn't post this in time for the challenge,
 I thought I'd share it anyway.


I inked up my PTI World Map stamp with spring rain, blueberry sky, 
limeade ice & simply chartreuse inks  and then spritzed it with water before stamping.


I love the watercolour effect the spritzing gives!

For my sentiment, I did the smooshing technique on some white cardstock
with some blueberry sky ink & diecut my SSS Sending die from it.
Then, I diecut it twice more and layered them together.

The "birthday wishes" was stamped in versamark onto a strip of simply chartreuse
cardstock and heat embossed in white (it's from PTI's KIS: Belated Birthday).


I stamped the postmark (from a Sweet & Sassy stamp set) in spring rain
and the camera (from PTI's Summer Camp) in limeade ice, which was stamped off first.


5. I have a card up on the Chickaniddy Crafts Blog today.
Here's a peek:


Click here to see it in full and to see which collection I used.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

I do so love your Friday posts, Leigh! Always makes me smile to read about your adventures for the week. You guys always have so much fabulous stuff going on. Glad the birthday party was a success and congrats to the kiddos on their testing. And how cute is little Sage in her costume! I think it's awesome that she has joined you in your healthy, sugar free quest. Huge congrats to both of you for your weight loss! And LOVE your cards, Leigh! The watercolor look on the map print is so gorgeous! And omword, that tree looks uh-mazing!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow a lot is packed in your Five for Friday post Leigh! Big congrats to your children for their fabulous accomplishments! I bet the play was wonderful. Good for you and Sage, healthy eating is the best! Happy weekend.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a great post Leigh!
CONGRATS to the both of you!
beautiful and inspiring!
I don't know how you do it all?!
Thank You~

Diana K said...

I love my weekly peek into your action-packed life, Leigh. And I had to laugh just a little at the photo of Austin at the movies with his friends - documented! It's so something that I would do.

I Card Everyone said...

Numbers 1-3 make me smile, congrats to all the kids - Sage does look adorable. But my heart skipped a beat when I reached your Curtain Call card... which should be filed until NOvember... and I'll send you my address!!!!! Leigh!!! it is beyond gorgeous! Frame-worthy!
Have a wonderful weekend...
=] Michele

Joyce said...

Such a fabulous week you all had. Always love the updates. And, your two cards are great.

Ohhh Snap said...

What a fun week : D. Love the cards!

Monica said...

Such a fun card and I love the colours.

cm said...

Another jam-packed with accomplishments (congrats on the testing!) and adventures post, Leigh, that has planted a mega smile on my face and in my heart! The birthday part sounds fabulous and oh yes, Sage is definitely cute in her role! Love that speaking 'big words' appealed to her! Applauding that the two of you are co-supporting one another in healthy eating! Your cards are stunning! Your stamped and spritzed map is fabulous and I absolutely love the sentiment pairing! The tree in the second: oh my! Gorgeous! Heading back to enjoy the photos once I catch up; I so enjoy feeling like I've been welcomed into your family with these posts! Thank you!
~c